Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist Radio Missing

Playlist Radio Missing

Plan

Premium

Country

Sweden

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

The radio feature on the playlists seems to be gone. How can I get them back?

I read that "Spotify Radio has been removed from the free, ad-supported service on mobile. ". The client here is on Windows 10 and I also have a family subscription, so this shouldn't apply to my Windows 10 client?

This feature is still there on my Android client logged into the same account.

17 Replies

same here

feature is gone in both windows store and normal app

still there in android client

also "radios -> create new station" does not exist anymore

so this workaround won't work

Seems like only the button has disapeared, Radio is still existent, but right-clicking the Playlist wont give you the Go to Playlist Radio option anymore. 

Also having Premium and using the Windows Client (Not the Windows Store one)

Kind regards

I'm also a family member, on Mac, and the playlist radio is gone.  One of my favorite features too.

Same issue. Does everyone on this thread login to Spotify through Facebook? I do, and I'm wondering if it's not picking up on my Premium account via Facebook. Biggest mistake I've made is signing up through Facebook. No way out!

Also, the radio drop down function based off song, artist, playlist work on my Android phone app, but not on the desktop. And neither the phone app nor the Windows desktop app have a way to "Create New Station". Maybe that standalone function has gone away.

Yeah. I sign in through Facebook. Would be interesting if that's
consistent. Strange though that it's device dependent.

Also seeing this issue right now on windows 10 desktop app.  Solution was to go to my android phone where the playlist radio option still existed and start it from there, then play on desktop.  So NOT A REAL SOLUTION.  I login with facebook as well.

Missing for me too. Family plan (I'm the main user). Not using facebook (just email).

Should we just accept that this feature is gone in the Windows 10 client?

I'm also missing this feature...

I can still use the radios that I recently listened to. 

First they disappeared from the Android app, then they also disappeared from the Windows App...

I am also on the Premium for Family plan, Maybe Spotify treats Premium for Family differently than Premium?!

Same here, where did playlist radio go? One of my most used features... time for Apple music?

I just found a hack for this that worked for me on the Mac Desktop app (and I assume it would be the same on Windows). I was able to drag my desired playlist on top of the "Radio" nav item at the top of the left column and it immediately made a playlist radio for me. 

Still nothing? Spotify?

those BASTARDS removed it from the android client as well

**bleep** you spotify devs!!

Just a note that Lascurettes work-around DOES work for the Windows deskapp, which is a GREAT find, and probably looks to be the new way to initiate Radio stations off playlists and Artists. Now, Spotify needs to change their tutorilas to REFLECT that change. 

HOLY SMOKES IT WORKS
Lascurettes figured it out
dragging an artist radio "playlist" on the radio nav item brings back the old nonstop radio

(it creates a radio based on an artist and the artist himself is not part of the radio

so I guess it's something -.-

)

thanks shwanyboy for pointing it out, didn't notice it before

test

Suggested posts