Family Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Guys please, please please please add 32bit/384kHz device support. To be 100% clear, I am not asking for higher music bitrate quality. I am asking for you to support devices that work natively at this sample rate.

My device, the Creative Soundblaster AE-9 operates at 32bit/384kHz natively. If I have the device set to anything higher than 32bit/192kHz Spotify will give me this issue Spotify skips every song without playing , Spotify keeps skipping every single song instantly! 

I have to change the sample rate on the device from the native sample rate to a lower sample rate for Spotify to work which makes it compatible with Spotify but incompatible with ALL my other hardware. This is because Spotify cannot find my Audio Card when the sample rate is set to maximum.

So either add support or please for the love of god, allow us to select our audio output MANUALLY in the Spotify app. I know you wish to make it easy for people to use, but this is purely unacceptable for a paid service. Most of us were not born yesterday.

Thanks

oof.png
5 Replies

Hey @Zerestega 

Windows 10 does allow users to select audio input and output per-app in system settings. No need to have in-app setting for this, not anymore  🙂

Do this to get there:

1. Right-click on speaker icon on Taskbar's notification area, select "Open Sound Settings"

2. In Sound Settings scroll down to "Other sound options" and click on "App Volume And Device Preferences"

3. At the top you'll find general system-wide settings, below you find dedicated settings for each open app. You'll need to have Spotify open to see it there.

Windows will remember all changes you've made there through restarts.

About the 384kHz issue, I recommend checking out this Issue thread created by a Soundblaster user and Spotify's response to it.

Let me know if you need further help!

Have a nice day : )

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

i'm surprised that this works, i though that the issue was the app was not able to read above 384khz in general, not that it could not find the device

THANK YOU Zerestega!!  I mean, I'm not going to celebrate that this isn't supported. Especially with the money this app makes. But I AM going to celebrate the fact that I no longer am pulling my hair out when I try to use Spotify using my AE-5.
Come on Spotify, really?

I have the same issue. I tried what @Sebasty but actually didn't work for me. I use Creative G6 direct mode at 32bit 384khz i had to lower at 192 or change audio source, start a song and while song is playing change back to Creative audio source... This is sad.

I tried to work on windows settings but didn't solve, so it's not windows actually but Spotify app. Please Spotify fix this asap. Let us to keep 32bit 384khz and don't change everytime... 

thanks!

Kinda late but EarTrumpet helps to change the source from the taskbar and saves some time, you can get it from the windows store, ironically made from ex windows team dev...

Suggested posts