NEXT STEP

Private session and Friend activity question

Solved!

Private session and Friend activity question

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Hello, another question about the Private sessions and Friend Activity. Sorry, if it was asked before, but I couldn't find any info about it, so here I'm. The question is, will be shown on Friend Activity the last song I've played on Private session and the time I stopped listening it if I stop listening while the Private session is still on? To make myself clear I'll put it that way too - 1. Puttng Private session on, 2. Start listeing, 3. Stop listening, but the Private session is still on. So, after the session ends no matter the reason (logged out, closed app, the time for the session went off and so on) will the time I stopped listening and the last played song in this session be displayed on Friend Activity?

Thank you in advance!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Aislynn

Welcome to the Spotify Community and thanks for posting here.

No worries, if you're still in a Private Session when the track starts, the song won't be shown in the Friend Activity that your friends see.

If you have access to the Spotify desktop app, you can go to Settings, scroll to Social and switch off Share my listening activity on Spotify

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @Aislynn

Welcome to the Spotify Community and thanks for posting here.

No worries, if you're still in a Private Session when the track starts, the song won't be shown in the Friend Activity that your friends see.

If you have access to the Spotify desktop app, you can go to Settings, scroll to Social and switch off Share my listening activity on Spotify

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Thank you!

Suggested posts