NEXT STEP

Problems with Cyrillic

Problems with Cyrillic

Plan

Free

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

In Favorite songs I have some songs which have names in Cyrillic (Russian, Ukrainian). For example, the song is called Облака. If I type in Filter exactly Облака, I can find it, but when I type облака (the same but not starting with capital letter), I cannot find it. For songs with the name in Latin there's no such issue. And for Search there's not such issue (even with Cyrillic names) as well.

Spotify.png
7 Replies

I have the same problem

Hi there @gedonis,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Can you try running a clean reinstall of the app following the steps from this Spotify Answer. This will assure that all app data is cleared and you're running the latest version of the app.

We tried reproducing this on our end, but the app is able to look up songs normally in Cyrillic both in Search and Filter, both with small and capital letters.

Let us know how you get on with this. 

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have reinstalled Spotify and did that twice. Nothing changed - I still have the problem and still cannot read names of songs 😞

03.jpg

Hi there @gedonis,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you clarify what you mean that you can't read the names of songs? The OP was about not being able to Filter songs in Cyrillic in playlists if you don't write the song name exactly as it's on the track.

It would be helpful if you upload a screenshot with your next reply so we can see how things look on your end 🙂

Looking forward to your reply.

AlexModerator

I have added screenshot in my previous post. "Файлы на устройстве" means "Files on the device", but "booea awlkgkg" or any other special symbols below "Название" (means Name) have No meaning. On the other hand, all songs have correct names on my disk, and I see something with sense instead of "booea awlkgkg"

I recorded short video (2 minutes) with my problem

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p9juqqx02nlsjgm/2020-12-20_16-13-41.mp4?dl=0

Hey @gedonis,

Thanks for keeping us posted 🙂

It seems like you might be experiencing a different issue. In this case, we'd suggest you start a new thread in the Community. We'd recommend that you include the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. It's also a good idea to check if local files with other characters show up. That way we can investigate this further.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

Ver Moderator

Hi. It seems this is the different issue, you are right. I started a new thread. Thanks.

Suggested posts