Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Public playlist does not show to others

Solved!

Public playlist does not show to others

Hi,

this is a bit new to me 🙂 I found a case similar to this (Oct. 2013) on one of the the boards but without a solution.

I have Spotify Premium, and my playlists don't not show to others.They are set Public, right click on the name shows "Make secret". I even tried to set it collaborative but it doesn't make it to show to others.

Here is a link to one of those Pyöräilybiisejä containing 10 songs from Spotify collections.

Any good advice?

Mika_L

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Sure.

For a spotify username just type in the music search bar spotify:user:username

You can also search for facebook friends by typing their real name in the main search bar

View solution in original post

15 Replies

I can see 3 public playlists on your profile.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

But  Spotify search does not find them 😞 

Searching for playlists in spotify is pretty unreliable unless the playlists are popular. I imagine this is down to the sheer volume of playlists in the system.

Okay, indexing problem, I guess. Thanks for support 🙂

Do you know how to search user names in Spotify? I just tried that and it does not seem to work either.

Marked as solution

Sure.

For a spotify username just type in the music search bar spotify:user:username

You can also search for facebook friends by typing their real name in the main search bar

This is happening to me as well.  When I look at my profile, it say the athe user has not published any playlists...although I just did a hard reinstall and made at least 20 public.  

Previously, it was upward of over 300. 

Please advise...

Mine seems broken too, although these issues tend to sort themselves out given a little time.

Peter

Hi,

I managed to get around 30 followers for my playlist and then it appeared in the search.

Share the playlist link on Facebook, Twitter etc and get some 🙂 I hope that will help.

Mika

It shouldn't be about the number of followers you have. In my profile, the new profile, it shows that I don't have any public playlists, when in fact, I have over 300.  

After the update, that I didn't want, all of them disappeared.  

I understand bugs and whatnot, but after 20 or so days, I would imagine that this would not be an issue anymore. 

For a subscribed user, I would have liked to either of had the option to upgrade or not...for starters.  Secondly, it took me over a week to get Spotify to acknowledge my complaint.  Not how tech support should be.  

I am really fed up with the problems I have had  with the (lack of) public visibility of my playlists.  These have been going on for 2 years I have been a paying Spotify user.

I first became aware of problems when I tried to make my Starred playlist visible.  These keep toggling back to secret for some unknown reason, no matter what device I set it to public from.

Most of my playlists are public but none of them are visible from my profile.  Come on Spotify - this is a long outstanding problem.  Please fix it.

The starred playlist issue has been a known bug for a very long time, not sure about other playlists though.

Peter

This issue is beyond frustrating. 

At this point, I could care less about the starred playlist...I just want my public playlists to be public. 

I, too, have been a 2+ year premium user and have referred many people to the site that I know are premium.  I've also contacted every form of support for Spotify and have not once, aside of a twitter post, received anything back from the company.

I'm computer software based, so I understand that bugs occur and are sometimes hard to remedy...but the lack of communication is absurd.  If I was asking for a discounted rate, or something similar, that's one thing...but I'm not.  Royalties are already sparce...keep the money in the artists hands...I just want my functionality back. 

How do you get direct support from Spotify?  I looked on their support site but could only find answers to exsiting questions, but no way to raise an issue directly with Spotify itself so came here assuming that a Spotify rep would address my issue.  

This problem is totally basic stuff to fix, & it is beyond understanding how this issue is still aorund unless there is a scaling issue or some other infrasturtural issue that Spotify can't address which prevents them from wanting to fix this problem to make this basic functionality universally accessible.

Please help me Spotify.  You presumably have my account details.  Please look at my account & the problems with the public visibility of my playlists.

You can get in touch with Spotify support via using the online contact form or by tweeting @SpotifyCares.

Peter

People have followed my playlists a lot less in the last 9 days or so. I had 4 or 5 people subscribing every day, but now it's more or less stoped. Are anybody else experiencing this? I guess it could be a 'everyone are outside enjoying spring away from their computers' problem, but I tend to get worried these days when Spotify is involved. 😞

the same thing happened two years ago. I had a Randy Newman cover version playlist and a Bob Dylan cover version playlist. People were subscribing more or less every day. Then suddenly it stopped, when each playlist had about 80 subscribers. Now my other new playlists have about 80 subscribers, and it seems to be stopping again.

my profile: 113192036

Suggested posts