Public playlist does not show to others

Solved!

Public playlist does not show to others

mika_l
Casual Listener

Hi,

this is a bit new to me :) I found a case similar to this (Oct. 2013) on one of the the boards but without a solution.

I have Spotify Premium, and my playlists don't not show to others.They are set Public, right click on the name shows "Make secret". I even tried to set it collaborative but it doesn't make it to show to others.

Here is a link to one of those Pyöräilybiisejä containing 10 songs from Spotify collections.

Any good advice?

Mika_L

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Public playlist does not show to others

Joe
Community Legend

Sure.

For a spotify username just type in the music search bar spotify:user:username

You can also search for facebook friends by typing their real name in the main search bar

15 Replies

Peter__
Community Legend
I can see 3 public playlists on your profile.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

mika_l
Casual Listener

But  Spotify search does not find them :( 

Joe
Community Legend

Searching for playlists in spotify is pretty unreliable unless the playlists are popular. I imagine this is down to the sheer volume of playlists in the system.

mika_l
Casual Listener

Okay, indexing problem, I guess. Thanks for support :)

Do you know how to search user names in Spotify? I just tried that and it does not seem to work either.

Solution!

Joe
Community Legend

Sure.

For a spotify username just type in the music search bar spotify:user:username

You can also search for facebook friends by typing their real name in the main search bar

Forbin331
Regular

This is happening to me as well.  When I look at my profile, it say the athe user has not published any playlists...although I just did a hard reinstall and made at least 20 public.  

Previously, it was upward of over 300. 

Please advise...

Peter__
Community Legend
Mine seems broken too, although these issues tend to sort themselves out given a little time.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

mika_l
Casual Listener

Hi,

I managed to get around 30 followers for my playlist and then it appeared in the search.

Share the playlist link on Facebook, Twitter etc and get some :) I hope that will help.

Mika

Forbin331
Regular

It shouldn't be about the number of followers you have. In my profile, the new profile, it shows that I don't have any public playlists, when in fact, I have over 300.  

After the update, that I didn't want, all of them disappeared.  

I understand bugs and whatnot, but after 20 or so days, I would imagine that this would not be an issue anymore. 

For a subscribed user, I would have liked to either of had the option to upgrade or not...for starters.  Secondly, it took me over a week to get Spotify to acknowledge my complaint.  Not how tech support should be.  

SUGGESTED POSTS