Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Queue won’t show up offline

Queue won’t show up offline

• Plan

Free/Premium

Country

I am have a issue with my queue offline, I can put songs into queue and they will play offline but All I can see in my queue is grey blocks, no word and I can’t do anything with them like switch songs, I run windows 10 on a laptop and nothing I can do will fix it I have emailed Spotify several times and nothing they have tried has worked, just wondering if anyone else has had this issue since the last big update, Thanks

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

12 Replies

Hey there @nnorman0

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community, and welcome 🙂

Would you mind letting us know the troubleshooting steps you've already tried with our Support team via email? This will help us give you better suggestions.

It would also be helpful to have a screenshot or a video where we can take a better look at what happens. You can attach it to your next response to us by using the Insert Photos or Insert Video options in the post editor. 

Keep us posted on how it goes. 

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

8976991F-357D-4FF2-B0C7-6E130A2573D3.jpeg

I have uninstalled and reinstalled and re downloaded songs three times on 2 different laptops I’ve used there test login still did the same, it works fine when online, soon as I go offline the queue looks like the pic I posted then comes back to normal as soon as I go back online, I’ll see if I can get a video tonight 

Hi there @nnorman0

Thanks for sending us this info. 

Would you mind checking if the OS of your device has any pending updates?

Also, could you check if changing the Offline storage location in the app settings makes any difference?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

The laptops are up to date and I have switched the storage location and it didn’t help

Hey @nnorman0

Thanks for getting back to us.

We'd recommend that you try logging out and then logging back in twice. We know this sounds odd, but it's how the app forces a cache refresh.

On another note, could you let us know how much storage space do your devices have available?

Also, could you let us know the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your devices?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply. 

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I tried the login and out twice  and it didn’t work, my c drive has about 10gb left but there is another drive that has a tb and is almost empty, windows 10 21H1

18025120-289C-43BC-BBA7-091907779F4D.png
A2E8CFE3-C61D-4EE8-82B2-CD1B6EC09E90.png
5011EF7C-4132-471F-A927-C44FF24A4A17.png

Hi @nnorman0,

Thank you for getting back in touch with us and for the troubleshooting you've done so far.

We recommend that you remove all lines from your hosts file by following the steps bellow:

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  2. go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them
  7. Save your changes and restart Spotify

If that doesn't do the trick, would you mind having a friend or a family member log into their account on your device to see if the issue persist?

Keep us posted 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Nothing in the notepad with Spotify in it, I’ll see if I can use someone’s Spotify when I get a chance.. this all started after after the last big update everything worked fine til then

Hi again @nnorman0,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

You mentioned that you reinstalled the app. Can you confirm that you followed the steps that's provided in this article? There's some more steps to help thoroughly uninstall the app from your phone so if you haven't, we'd highly suggest it since the steps will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

Let us know how everything goes 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Just tried it and that didn’t work 

Hey @nnorman0,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

In case you're using the app from our website, it's a good idea to try downloading it from the Microsoft store to check if anything changes.

We'd suggest you also try installing the app in Safe mode to see if that makes a difference.

Let us know how it goes.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts