Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Queue

Queue

Hello.

Why, despite the fact that there are over 2,000 tracks on the Playlist, the queue only selects a few and each time the same? Does Spotify not choose from all the songs on the list randomly?

3 Replies

Hey @supprzem

It sounds like you're talking about the Shuffle feature.

Queue is a bunch of songs selected by you for playback, and to add next songs in the queue, you'll have to right-click on the song (or tap the three dots) and choose 'Add to queue'.

Songs chosen by you appear under 'Next in Queue', and songs from the playlist/album/artist appear under 'Next Up'. You can clear the 'Next In Queue', but not the other one.

Shuffle used to be a bit wonky, but in the web player at least it works normally now. I'd recommend reinstalling Spotify, if it's the shuffle that's not working at it should.

Keep me posted. 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi.

I can try to reinstall but i have the same problem on 3 different computers. I think that maybe shuffle can process my whole playlist: 2700 songs. I will be a little disappointed if that's the case.

Thank You.

Hey @supprzem

I've seen other people having similar issues with their very large playlists.
There have been issues rised by some of them, and they were fixed. Clean reinstalling would be a good thing to try, since it removes all the old files.

1. Uninstall Spotify through Control Panel.
2. Go to %appdata%. You'll find yourself in Roaming. Delete any Spotify folders in there, and go to Local to do the same there too.

3. Restart your computer.

4. Install Spotify.

All I can say is that I don't seem to have this issue (anymore) on the web player, but my playlists aren't particularly huge either.

Keep me posted.

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts