Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Randomly switching to phone while on desktop

Randomly switching to phone while on desktop

Since the latest upgrade apparently, my desktop app will randomly switch to my mobile phone. So, while i'm listening on the desktop, the app stops playing on my desktop and starts playing on my phone. This happens even when the phone app is turned off. What is going on here?

10 Replies

Happens to me too! super annoying.

Happens to me as well. It seems to happen when you've been listening to mobile and stop. Then after a while you turn on spotify on desktop and start listening after a few seconds it will switch to mobile.

Spotify???? 

Crickets...

Today, the damned thing was playing both on desktop and phone! This is soooooo annoying!! No the app on phone was not on. I'm tiring of this. I'm paying for your dev team to fix bugs right??? Other people are also having this issue. Please fix or I will go elsewhere for streaming. 

Mine is just stuck on saying it's playing on my phone (which is off, by the way) and it will not allow me to switch

same here...

ARRGH ME TOO! Highly annoying seeing as its happening whilst i'm at work and in meetings. 

Same thing happening here.  Super annoying when it's happening at work

Me too. 

I'm at work trying to listen, and it's evidently playing on my home PC.  (I'm sure my cat is rocking out, but there's no one else home) I can't figure out how to make it play in the browser here. 

😕

See https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Spotify-starts-playing-randomly-on-my-Android-device/m-p/16..., they haven't been able to reproduce the bug but there should be a fix in the upcoming release 8.4.1

Suggested posts