Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Really high cpu usage

Really high cpu usage

My Spotify has been using up my CPU resources very much today for some reason that I don't know.

Skjermbilde (19).png
Skjermbilde (20).png
7 Replies

Same exact thing stared happening to me today aswell. I'm using version 1.0.65.320.gac7a8e02
When I end that task it closes the Spotify UI but not the application.. then it just reloads it very quickly and back to the same high CPU usage.

Same problem here, doesn't need to play songs of whatever.

Consumes 30%-34%.

Decided to unnistall and install but the problem remains. I find it weird that it's happening today.

Using version 1.0.65.320.gac7a8e02

Just realized that if you log out, the percentage drops to normal values, but if you log in the problems come back

Yeah, I get this too. I'm on macOS (10.12.6) using Spotify 1.0.65.320

How to reproduce the issue?

1. I launch Spotify. No CPU issues.

2. I start playing any song - boom, CPU at 100%

Now, if, after lanching spotify I set it to private session, then CPU keeps calm...

As an update.. unfortunately the very high CPU usage comes back after a little while..

Yep me too... it's chewing up to 40% of my CPU and causing my laptop's fan to go into overdrive... I close spotify and it stops... open it again and it's fine for a while then CPU goes up again.

So.. I got in touch with Spotify support over twitter (https://twitter.com/SpotifyCares) and they told me that in my case it was due to some issues with the offline cache.

They then remotely invalidated my cache and ... All works fine!

I'd suggest everyone to clear their offline caches to see if the CPU usage goes back to normal. To me it did, if by any chance you're suffering from the same issue, I guess it will also solve.

Also, contact support over twitter, they are very responsive. They solved my issue in a matter of minutes.

Suggested posts