Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Recent update removed cut and paste??

Solved!

Recent update removed cut and paste??

A few days ago I opened sportify on my laptop to find a new update had been released. I am not a fan of this update (losing the artist column is annoying, and as a result of that songs now take up more space in the playlist, so you can see less songs on the screen). However the one thing that is most enraging is that I can no longer use control + x to cut and control + v to paste songs. I used this in two main ways: 1) cut a song and paste it somewhere else in the playlist, this made it very easy to make quick adjustments to the order of the playlist, and 2) cut all songs out of the playlist, paste them (they paste as spotify links) in a web tool that randomizes lines, re cut that and paste back in spotify to randomize my playlist order. Why would spotify ever remove this feature?? I'm really hoping it is just a bug with the new update. 

28 Replies

Ctrl + x & Ctrl + V does not work for all users in your new interface! Instead of solving the problem, you turned off the option to revert to the old version! Take 30 seconds of your time and check if the cut and paste functions work in the new interface and in the old one for comparison!

Surprise surprise logging in with a different account made no difference. Just give us back UI Overide, problem solved. The new UI is clunky and horrible to use.

I'd like to pitch in too. I have a massive playlist as somebody else mentioned, and it would be a massive help to be able to cut a track from a playlist (Ctrl + X), choose a song somewhere on the same playlist and then paste the track (Ctrl+V), which would have it appear beneath the selected track. There really isn't an easy way to organise tracks within Spotify as it currently.

I would like to select my most recently added track, press ctrl+x to cut it. Then use the search tool to get to a song on my 1,000+ song playlist, and paste the track with the selected song to have it appear beneath that song on the playlist.

Musician, and lover of music.

It's 2022 and this is still an issue for me. It seems like a totally easy fix for a function that still appears in the app's menus.

This was my main use for the function as well, plus it is much easier to create/edit playlists with the shortcut

Yeah, very shocking to me that they have not fixed this yet. I recently graduated college and applied to a few positions at Spotify... maybe I will get a job here and help solve this from the inside! 🙂  (P.S. Spotify employees you should give me a job I have many great ideas for your mobile desktop apps)

Marked as solution

Hello Everyone!

That was something with being logged out for a bit yesterday, huh? Anyway today while using Spotify on desktop I noticed that ctrl+x and ctrl+v work properly again! Finally our wait has come to an end, I cannot believe it took just shy of a year for this to get fixed...

Cheers,

Joe

Edit: added pic of what version I'm running

spotify (2).JPG

Many thanks. But why did we wait a whole year for this little fix? It's very upsetting

Yeah, looks like this is either broken again, or they have removed this very important feature altogether...

I've been using cut and copy for a while, and suddenly, it just doesn't work anymore. My playlist has over 1000 songs that I sort by hand, and new get added to the bottom (because Spotify), so the only way for me to get them to the top now is to painfully drag and drop and wait for like 30 seconds, until it scrolls up to the list.

And I swear, when they take out the drag and drop as well, I'm just going to jump to Google Music. Surely they must have some working solution how to easily move songs around playlists.

Suggested posts