Saved Songs No Longer Appear in Artists Section; Bug Or By Design?

Solved!

Re: Saved Songs No Longer Appear in Artists Section; Bug Or By Design?

Splumley

You all realise there is a monatory reason behind this? It's an obvious marketing ploy, the only explanation for such a dumb **bleep** change to the app. I hope it results in more lost customers, vote with your feet!

lilkimgordon
Casual Listener

You all realise there is a monatory reason behind this?

Yeah, I assume there's more $ in being a recommendation service than a music player. If so they should work on making the recommendation feature compelling on its own merits.

Me1izabeth
Casual Listener

Nice. Proof that spotify does not actually give a flying **bleep** about their customers' opinions.

zkz11
Visitor

You have to be joking Spotify, you're telling us the bug is feature?  In what universe should a music library not have a sort by Artist function?  This is literally the basic function of a library.

Our current options are:

1) separately click follow on every artist we have saved an album from

2) sort albums by artists, which doubles, perhaps triples (or more) the amount of scrolling required to find the item.

These are garbage options.  Please bring back the traditional functionality that every other music platform ever uses.  I understand you are trying to encourage use of the follow artist functionality, but this is a horrible way to achieve that.  Everyone on this thread agrees, we should be able to view a list of Artists whose songs/albums are saved to our library.  End of story fam

Molson91
Music Fan

I agree with EVERY OTHER COMMENT on this one. I hate it. I don't remember ALL the artists I've saved and I would like to be able to see them all. I don't want to have to roll back the updates and disable them from downloading more because that's a huge pain for a service I've paid for. There should be a saved artist tab. It's ridiculous that I have to search for my saved songs.

That defeats that purpose of saving them.

I might as well go back to pandora if this is the way this player is gonna go. 

bcpete81
Casual Listener

You guys need to hire new UX designers, this is ridiculous, how is removing something everyone used an improvment? If I click on an artist I want to hear only songs that I've liked from this artist, now I have to search through sometimes multiple albums to find one or two songs. But don't worry I've found a solution, Amazon music!

melaniejane

Between this and Saved Songs turning into a playlist I'm ready to be out. Does Pandora have better functionality than this garbage?

Molson91
Music Fan
I mean, it's just radio. But they don't make a habit of taking basic
functions away from their paying customers.

Nowoco
Visitor

I registered just to voice my utter bewilderment and disgust with this update. 

As people have said, this is quite clearly a way for artists to get more followers which is no doubt tied in with Spotify making more money in some way. Hence the reason this update has been universally panned and yet they are not doing a single thing to fix it after months.

I've cancelled and gone to Apple Music. Congratulations Spotify on ruining a perfect interface and alienating all your customers. Top work!

SUGGESTED POSTS