Saved Songs No Longer Appear in Artists Section; Bug Or By Design?

Solved!

Saved Songs No Longer Appear in Artists Section; Bug Or By Design?

roblikesmusic
Music Fan

At some point, presumably due to an update, the Artists section under Your Library stopped displaying all the artists whose music I have saved, and now only those I have followed appear.

Furthermore, when I now click on those artists I am taken to their page, whereas before it would show me a list of all the music I had saved. I've checked and all the music is still saved, so why is the Artist tab now acting like this?

I've tried re-installing on desktop and that did nothing, but rolling back to a previous version on Android fixed the problem, so I'm worried that this is in fact something the devs have intentionally done, for some bizarre reason.

EDIT: I've just rolled back to a previous version on Windows and now the saved songs are appearing as they should, but I'm still only seeing Artists I've followed displaying, not everyone I've saved music by.

EDIT 2: Why has this problem been marked as solved when the 'solution' just says 'lol you cant do that anymore soz'. That's like a hospital considering a surgery successful because the patient died and is therefore no longer suffering from their malady.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Saved Songs No Longer Appear in Artists Section; Bug Or By Design?

Hey folks,

Thanks for your feedback on the new Your Library experience.

We regularly run updates to improve your experience with the app. The refreshed Your Library was developed to help you manage and access your favorites faster. It’s the first version of this update and we’ll continue to build on it based on your feedback.

To learn more about how the new Your Library works, make sure to have a read of this Spotify Answer.

Let us know if you have any further questions about this ;)

PeterModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"It's my job to see the world and report back. It's my job to feel things fiercely.
And it's my job to be present." - Maggie Rogers
38 Replies

Jemi
Spotify Legend

Hey @roblikesmusic

This is currently expected since the last update. We're always making changes to give the best overall experience possible, but this of course means that some features may be removed. For the same principle, features may also be re-added in the future. 

For now, you can follow the artists you like, and if you're in a playlists such as your 'Liked Songs' and want to find saved tracks based on artists, you can press the 3 dots for more options and then search for the artist to find them. Or if you're on desktop, you can sort your saved songs by 'Artists'. 

There is an idea regarding the changes on Library here, so feel free to add your +Vote there if you agree with the topic. 

Let us know if there's anything else!

JemiModerator
"Use the force, Harry" - Gandalf

roblikesmusic
Music Fan

@Jemi thank you for the reply, please explain to me how I can listen to only the saved songs by a specific artist like I could before through the Artists tab. Also, what exactly is the point of the Artists tab, now, if all it does it take me to the artist's page like a simple search would have done, previously?

I don't have the 'Liked Songs' playlist as far as I can see, and filtering my saved songs under the Songs tab doesn't work because it includes all bands/artists/songs with the same word, so I'd love to know how exactly this is giving me the 'best overall experience' when literally all the update has done is make it more complicated and in fact seemingly impossible to listen to my music the way I want to and easily could before.

Hey @roblikesmusic.

Thanks for getting back to us.

It currently isn't possible to listen to saved songs by specific artist in the new Your Library. There is an existing idea in the Community where you can vote to bring back this feature - just head over here.

The new Your Library aims to offer a more streamlined experience. We're very open to feedback about this new feature, and there is a separate idea here where other users in the Community are also giving theirs, so make sure to head over there.

The 'Liked Songs' playlist will appear when you start saving individual songs to Your Library. If you save an entire album, whether it's an LP, EP or a single, then this will appear under Albums.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any further questions.

PeterModerator
"It's my job to see the world and report back. It's my job to feel things fiercely.

roblikesmusic
Music Fan

Hi @Peter,

I'm going to remain polite but I need to tell you I am so sick to the back teeth of companies like Spotify telling me they're offering a more 'streamlined experience' when in reality all they are doing is removing a bunch of options and restricting the ways I can use their service, for no good reason.

I've already voted on all the ideas to fix this horrible update, because I am not exaggerating when I say the way Spotify now works makes it literally useless to me, so if it isn't resolved I will have no choice but to take my business elsewhere. I really don't want to do that, because Spotify is genuinely a great service otherwise, but I cannot see the point in paying for something I can no longer use.

Hey @roblikesmusic.

Thanks for your feedback - we hear you :)

Let us know if there's anything else.

Take care!

PeterModerator

piqueboufigue9
Bonjour, Pareil pour moi, je trouve complètement inutile d'avoir supprimé les artistes de la bibliothèque ... avant, je pouvais lire uniquement les chansons de l'artiste qui m'intéressaient ... maintenant je ne peux plus : je dois soit enregistrer TOUT l'artiste (même les chansons que je n'aime pas) soit je me retrouve avec une playlist de 2000 chansons "likées" avec tous les artistes mélangés !!! Si cela ne change pas, je vais supprimer mon compte spotify ... car plus aucune utilité !! Très en colère !

inkami
Casual Listener

This still doesn't help on mobile, if you go to saved songs and filter the list it will show only the songs that match the search but will still play other songs and you can't sort by artist.

Hridayan

Why was the artist view changed?.  I'm on an iPad and now when I select artist from my music it says your favourite artists will appear here, but they never do.  Have you not heard of the old saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"?  Sometimes I think tech developers change things just to justify their existence.

I used the artist page all Te time in the old version, as I have more than one album by many artists and often like to shuffle play them.

Please fix this ASAP.  If you are unwilling to fix it or reply to this post I will cancel my subscription and find another music platform that is more user friendly and flexible.

thanks

Hridayan

hunhxc

"We're always making changes to give the best overall experience possible" - interestingly enough, the aim always seems to be the exact opposite; it appears as if there was a **bleep**ing contest among developers for coming up with the most useless and annoying ideas that users will utterly detest but can't change, just uselessly complain about it here.

But thanks for the link to the "idea" though.

SUGGESTED POSTS