Saved Songs No Longer Appear in Artists Section; Bug Or By Design?

Solved!

Re: Saved Songs No Longer Appear in Artists Section; Bug Or By Design?

cwhiting39

You state, "We regularly run updates to improve your experience with the app."  I give this update an "F".  Calling this an improvement is like the sign at the bank that says, "to improve customer satisfaction, we have reduced our hours".  You've reduced functionality.  That's not good.

I have "liked" a bunch of songs, and when I went to the Artist page, it would group them nicely in an icon-tiled format, and I could scroll through the icons quickly and play either all songs from one artist, or bounce through them.  Now, I have to go to a lengthy list of songs, sort them by artist, scroll through hundreds of text lines, and play.  How 1990's.

If you're going to provide a degraded experience, perhaps you could set a software switch on the Artists page so we can either choose it the way you think we want it (wrong), or the common-sense way, which has worked forever.

whbale
Regular

Just wanted to add that I'm another person who will be exploring changing streaming services for music if this change is not rolled back. I often want to listen to music by a specific artist...but only the songs I like from that artist (or same thing, but with album). The easiest way to do this is to simply look up the artist (or album) and go from there. And now that basic feature has been taken away. This has to be one of the most idiotic software "improvements" I have ever seen. 

lilkimgordon
Casual Listener

improve your experience

Please explain how hiding the list of albums in my library improves my experience.

AFittingEnd
Casual Listener

I don't have very much to add, because the community appears to share my feelings about this wretched update. I have 8000+ songs, and I prefer to listen to music by album. The artist section allowed me to keep track of and find what I wanted to listen to, but now I can't even remember all of the artists that I have saved. I would love to see Spotify suffer until this is resolved. 

whbale
Regular

I am not sure which is worse...taking away a feature and making an app actually less user-friendly; justifying it by saying you're improving user experience; or the indifference to users' negative reaction to this.

Really poor from Spotify on a number of levels. I'm sure a mass exodus would make a difference, but I imagine many people feel a bit locked in to the ecosystem and aren't wanting to go save/download thousands of songs on another platform. 

What's clear is Spotify DOES NOT care about its customers. 

Jm4ts
Visitor

I switched over to Spotify from Apple Music a few months ago. The reason was because Apple Music was easy to use, however, Spotify had more available to the consumer to help discover more music. In other words, I got more for my money. When I began to switch over, it took me three days to go into Spotify and “re-like” all of my music I had on Apple Music so I would not permanently lose my music. Once i switched, I absolutely loved it!! 

However, the very next update happened; and I lost all of my artists. When I listen to music, I go into my library, find the artist I want to listen to, and shuffle through their music I already told my platform I enjoy listening to. Now, those artists are gone.

so, Spotify, you’re telling me that I spent three days switching over from Apple Music only to have you take away features from me one month later? You’re telling me if I want to listen to a specific song I have to look through my entire library of songs? That’s over 3000 songs. What if I can’t remember the name of a song, but I know who it’s by? I have to re-search the artist? Or what if I can’t remember the name of the artist I want to listen to, but I know that if I see the name I will remember it? I will never find that song.  I’ll be switching back to Apple Music. You can keep your playlists to yourself. 

sashabarr
Casual Listener

Are you ever going to fix this? Clearly your customer base is not happy with this update. Get**bleep** together.

sashabarr
Casual Listener

What's up, Peter? We're all still wondering when you're going to make this fix. The actual fix. Not your work around.

whbale
Regular

This continues to be an absolute cluster @#$#. Take away a basic feature for browsing your music harming usability. Not only did the change lack any logic, but then no concern for your users when they point out the service we pay for has been crippled. 

And the closest thing to a workaround would be creating playlists for all of your artists. But that does little since on the phone App you cannot put them in the order you want (e.g., alphabetical). 

GibsonTD
Visitor

Yeah your "Solved" answer is not good enough.

I'll be switching streaming services if you don't sort this bull**** update out. Totally pointless and ruined how I use spotify.

Not good enough

SUGGESTED POSTS