Premium

Country

Sweden
Device

Gaming rig.

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I noticed that the windows desktop client can't find the Audio renderers on the network properly. But using something like VLC works perfectly same with Chrome browser.

The discovery part for spotify desktop and how it interacts with chromecast devices is spotty as **bleep**. What you can do to circumvent this is to start the cast from a phone, but then we have the disconnection issues (see my other thread)

As most of the spotify desktop client seems to be javascript of sorts, implementing the streaming should be kinda straight forward following the standard chrome implementation found here : https://developers.google.com/cast/docs/reference/chrome/

My own streaming experiment done in electron, react and some webworkers, actually work better and more stable than Spotifys own client. So not sure how you guys could have missed the target so badly.

1 Reply

Good news!

You can now find Chromecast in the connect "devices available" menu in the Spotify desktop app and browser web player. Now you can cast your music to Chromecast from the desktop app without having to use the iOS or Android app.

Make sure your Spotify desktop app is up to date

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts