Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Scrobbling doesn't work after update

Scrobbling doesn't work after update

I've just updated Spotify to version 1.0.80 and noticed that scrobbling to last.fm doesn't work anymore. I can see the song currently played but it disappears from my list of recent played titles afterwards.

10 Replies

Can comfirm this!

Can also confirm the issue. Uninstalled the app and re install but issue persists. 

Yes I have this issue too....

Workaround until the bug is fixed: the "Spotify Scrobbling" of last.fm (Settings -> Applications). Works for me. I don't use it usually because I want only scrobble from my desktop app and not from my Android device.

I tried chatting with their support yesterday but they didn't even know what "scrobbling" was. This needs to be fixed

What?? oO

Same problem here. The now playing displays, but it doesn't scrobble. For now, I'm going to use the web player + the web scrobbler chrome extension.

I have the same problem. For me, it also reproduces on mobile.

Version: 8.4.52.812

Mobile app was updated on the 30th of April. It might not be an issue with the latest version.

Hey, all 🙂

Last.fm staff have confirmed that Spotify's internal scrobbling is dysfunctional on the newest desktop Spotify (version 1.0.80) and it also seems to be the case with the newest update of the Android app.

I suggest connecting Last.fm's scrobbler app to your Spotify account. Read this last.fm announcement for more information and guidance. 🙂

Keep me posted!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Did this, works now.

Thanks a bunch!

Suggested posts