Search function changes the queue

Plan

Premium

Country

(should be irrelevant but) Austria

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10 Version 2004 (Build 19041.1237)

My Question or Issue

Hi everyone,

what I've noticed was since the new version of the spotify app on PC, when I search or "filter" for a particular song in my playlist, it also changes the queue to what songs the search-field found. So i.e. I have a playlist of around 2000 songs, when I click into my playlist it generates about 80 songs into the queue, but when I search for a particular artist for example, it changes my queue to songs in my playlist with the artist found.

Kind regards

Step-1-Before-filter.PNG
Step-2-filter.PNG
Step-3-after-filter.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @draco95,

Thanks for the post.

The Search within playlist option acts as a filter for that specific playlist, and the queue respectivelly. Once you play a song from that playlist with no filters applied, the queue is populated with the following songs depending on how you serted the list (Artis/ Album/ Data added etc).

If you start the song from the Search in playlist option by double clicking it, this automatically applies the filter and all content which doesn't match the filter criteria is not showed, so in turn it gets removed from the queue. 

If you start the song directly from the search it will start it from the album which it belongs to, rather than the playlist you've put it in. 

So the best thing to do is to right-click > Add to queue. This way the song you've searched for will start after the one that's currently playing, and will not break the queue.

Hope this clears things up 🙂

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hi @draco95,

Thank you for posting on the Community!

We tried to replicate the issue but the queue wasn't changed after searching after a particular song/artist. 

We'd like to know if we're doing the same steps, when you use the filter do you double click on the results? Or do you manually add the songs to the queue? (Right click > Add to queue).

Keep us posted. 

MafeGModerator

Hi MafeG,

Thanks for responding.

I double click on one of the results, then the queue changes.

Mfg

Draco

Marked as solution

Hi @draco95,

Thanks for the post.

The Search within playlist option acts as a filter for that specific playlist, and the queue respectivelly. Once you play a song from that playlist with no filters applied, the queue is populated with the following songs depending on how you serted the list (Artis/ Album/ Data added etc).

If you start the song from the Search in playlist option by double clicking it, this automatically applies the filter and all content which doesn't match the filter criteria is not showed, so in turn it gets removed from the queue. 

If you start the song directly from the search it will start it from the album which it belongs to, rather than the playlist you've put it in. 

So the best thing to do is to right-click > Add to queue. This way the song you've searched for will start after the one that's currently playing, and will not break the queue.

Hope this clears things up 🙂

AlexModerator

Suggested posts