Premium

Country

USA

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10,etc

My Question or Issue

I'm using the latest desktop version of Spotify, 1.1.43.700.g20acee0f.  I just had a most annoying session of trying to search for songs to create a playlist.  About 1 in 10 times Spotify would report that it couldn't find the song in its catalog.  But, I was able to manually navigate in Spotify and found the song every time!  And the spelling was exactly the same as I had provided.  As an example, if you want to try this yourself, type in "Bang Bang Lulu - North Mississippi Allstars".  Spotify will say the song doesn't exist in its catalog.  But, it does.

1 Reply

Hey there @meadowcroftt,

Thanks for getting in touch with us 🙂

It's a good idea to check if there are any updates available for Spotify on your device. We'd suggest you also restart the PC and then to log out and log back in again.

If that doesn't do the trick, you can give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall. By doing that you can make sure the cache is not causing this issue.

If that doesn't help, you can try on another device. That way we can check if it's a device-related issue. Does the issue persist?

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts