Premium

Country

USA

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

As title states, second monitor goes black when a video plays. I've turned off hardware acceleration and overlay within Spotify. 

Doesn't matter if the app is running on the main monitor or secondary. 

I don't really care about the video, but say if wanting to listen to Joe Rogan, I can't figure out how to do it without the video playing. 

If I close out of the app and open it back up, it does the same thing as it's loading the last thing played (Rogan video). If I switch to regular music, exit the software, then open it back up, it's fine (as it's loading music where it left off).  

Have updated drivers (GeForce 710) and Spotify version is 1.1.48.625.g1c87c7f7

I've done a clean reinstall with no change. 

3 Replies

Hey @Sdurt

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community, and welcome 🙂 We'll do our best to help you sort this out.

At the moment, it's not possible to opt out of the video while using the app. To hear only audio, we'd recommend keeping the app running in the background. 

If this is still happening, would you mind attaching a screenshot or a screen recording where we can see exactly what happens? Just make sure to exclude any personal information. 

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey, I tried to play within the browser instead of the app and get the same result. Second monitor goes black. I took a screenshot within Windows and everything looks ok in the screenshot, but when viewing the monitor it is black. Not sure if that's any more or less help. I'll try to take a photo with my phone and upload it.

Hey there @Sdurt,

Thanks for getting back in touch and for that info.

We recommend reinstalling the drivers to ensure there aren't any corrupted files causing trouble.

Also, could you try the web player on a different browser and let us know if the issue persists?

Lastly, you can attach photos or videos by tapping on the respective icon on the post editor when typing your reply.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts