Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle not working on desktop version

Solved!

Shuffle not working on desktop version

The  shuffle function on my laptop has an odd habit of only picking the next 50 or so songs in the playlist I have selected. This however is only a problem on my computer; the iOS shuffle version works wonderfully. A comparision between the shuffled song queue made by my desktop and phone can be seen in the pictures below.

Computer shuffleComputer shuffle

With computer shuffle you will see that the songs only have artists from the A-B range.

Phone shufflePhone shuffle

With phone shuffle you have artists from the B-X range.

The laptop I am using is a Dell XPS 13 9350 running Windows 10 version 1670. I am running Spotify 1.0.43.123.g80176796 on a premium account.

(Screenshots are from my desktop. I used Spotify Connect to get my phone's shuffled queue onto my laptop.)

Shuffle on my computer.PNG
Shuffle on my phone.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @sophie9709,

How are you sorting this playlist? Could you please try changing to sort by song title and then see if the shuffle works well?

If not, I'd tell you to reinstall the app before we dig deeper in the issue.

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @sophie9709,

How are you sorting this playlist? Could you please try changing to sort by song title and then see if the shuffle works well?

If not, I'd tell you to reinstall the app before we dig deeper in the issue.

BittencourtSpotify Star

Yep: reinstalling the app seems to have worked. Thanks. 

Great, you're always welcome 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star

Haha acutally there was a bug. I forgot to reconnect my computer via Spotify Connect to my phone. That problem only pops up when I do that and it is solved if I press the shuffle button on my phone. Or if I disconnect Spotify Connect. Strange bug I must admit. Quite minor as well. Oh well, problem is easily solved (just press another green button!).

Update: the bug gets weirdier and weirder. If I Spotify Connect from my laptop/phone to my Sony TV, no problem. So it seems to be limited to when I connect my laptop to my iPhone 6, running iOS 10.1.1.

Suggested posts