Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Slow download

Solved!

Slow download

Hello,

I am downloading all my offline playlist to my PC aswell now (1490 songs),

but I feel like the download is going really slow. Sitting at 200 songs now I estimated the download to take 1.5 hours overall (I have 50 mbit/s download, music is in extreme quality) Are the filesized that large or is the desktopversion downlaod speed limited?

Kind regards, Fabian

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @jaeckefa,

That sounds about right. The files are sized that large since you have your music in extreme quality. This means it will take longer and the files will be bigger when downloading. Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello @jaeckefa,

That sounds about right. The files are sized that large since you have your music in extreme quality. This means it will take longer and the files will be bigger when downloading. Hope this helps.

This is the #1 return on Google at the moment for "why is spotify so slow to download" and this is FAR from a resolved problem. I have 1Gb/s down/up fiber and 10Gb/s hard wire connection to my desktop. My iPhone has a pathetic 750Mb/s wifi 6ax connection. Yet my extreme-quality downloads are hovering around 3-4 songs per minute to download. I routinely get 80MB/s (yes, megaBYTES) downloading from Usenet. At even half that speed I should be getting 2-3 songs per *second*. What is UP, Spotify?!

Spotify sucks bro. That’s your answer. I’m sitting here on my flight trying to download a couple f-ing songs before my flight takes off and it’s downloaded like 3 songs in 10 minutes. Like bro you could f-ingplay the songs faster than you’re downloading them. Also bring back Neil young, and **bleep** Joe Rogan. 

Suggested posts