Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Smart shuffle doesn't work

Smart shuffle doesn't work

I've been using the smart shuffle option on mobile for a while and I've liked it a lot so it's pretty much on most of the time. But a problem surfaced when I tried turning it on on PC. Whenever I turn smart shuffle on, no recommendations appear on queue. And I've noticed the recommended songs actually disappear from queue after appearing for a small moment. Is there a way to fix this?
4 Replies

Hey @Luingear, sorry that your smart shuffle doesn't seem to be working for you on desktop. I can't seem to replicate the issue. Could you please try a clean reinstall, and see if that resolves the problem? If you continue to experience this, could you please provide the following additional details?

• Your PC's operating system name and version
  • Your version of Spotify

Also, if possible, it would be great if you could share a short video of the problem occurring.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

When I attempt to use Smart Shuffle in my liked songs, it says “recommendations added to queue,” then after about 10 seconds, it says “we couldn’t turn on smart shuffle. Try again later.” I have been having this issue for over a month now, smart shuffle just never works in my liked songs anymore.

When in playlists it works, but only partially. It will add 5-10 songs, but will play the same queue, in the same order even if you turn it off/back on again.

Both shuffle and Smart Shuffle overall do not preform as they should!

Hello, I am having this issue on mobile, any tips? 

Hey @kyanna,

This thread and the abovementioned troubleshooting steps are for Windows desktop devices.
For mobile-related issues, in the future, please address them in their respective iOS/ Android boards. If necessary, you can link a thread to your post.

Right now though, we'd like to ask you to try clearing your cached data and, if this doesn't change anything - to go over the steps, mentioned in @dinomight's reply. If the issue remains, provide us with the requested device, OS and Spotify app version details and we'll gladly take a further look into this for you. 

Tip: A screenshot or a video recording of the issue (.mp4 format) would be of help!

Keep us posted 🙂 

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts