Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Solved] How to get the full list of genres ?

Solved!

[Solved] How to get the full list of genres ?

Hi all,

I like to use the "genre:Blues" keyword in the search field, but some main genres are not searchable (i.e. Indie, World, Rock, etc...). So I was wondering where can I get the full list of searchable genres.

Thanks,

spotify:user:ponsfrilus

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Feel free to check out this Google doc which has all the 944 genres in Spotify. Yes, there are quite a few there, but nothing that Ctrl+F can't handle!

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Feel free to check out this Google doc which has all the 944 genres in Spotify. Yes, there are quite a few there, but nothing that Ctrl+F can't handle!

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

@Anthony Thanks ! I bet we will be able to have this list inside spotify one day, but for now I'm fine with the google doc 🙂

You can save yourself some typing by opening this html list which someone kindly created a while back.

Thanks for the list, I'm off to check out "cartoon music".
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Once you open a genre search, playback seems to be manual, i.e., you can choose and play any track, but playback doesn't advance after the track completes.  I confirmed this by switching to the play queue.  Nothing is added other than the single track you're playing, whether in shuffle mode or standard playback.

I also noticed that, like artist pages, etc., you have to scroll to the bottom for the list to continue to load.

In regards to the html list, some load some do not, looks like formatting issues.  Regardless, still, a great list to have.

I salvaged the html list from another user so I can't take credit for any errors 🙂

Not a problem, Joe.  I might play with it a bit.  I can see what the format is supposed to be.  Looks like in the links that don't, there are extra quotes and/or periods, things like that.

Awesome Rollo 🙂

Actually, that list of links consists of searches for the words genre.  Check it out.  What's needed are links that contain the URI, since I don't think there are HTTP links for genres.

EDIT:  Oops, my mistake.  Not true.  Most work.

Hi, this doc longer exists.

yes please repost the doc, its deleted

Suggested posts