Free

Country

US

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Whenever I play any song on the Spotify desktop program it does not load or play. I also cannot load any playlists that I've created or public ones. I've attached some screenshots of what happens when I try to play a song or load a playlist. 

To resolve my issue I have uninstalled and reinstalled many times as well as trying to login to a different account. 

I've also tried turning off hardware acceleration.

playlist.png
song.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Cob2323,

unfourtunalty this is a known issue for some users and is beeing investigated.

Here you can see the open Issue and can vote for it to hopfully be fixed sooner!

For a quick workaround try these steps by @Mantisentil

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  2. go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them.
  7. Save your changes and restart Spotify. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Cob2323,

unfourtunalty this is a known issue for some users and is beeing investigated.

Here you can see the open Issue and can vote for it to hopfully be fixed sooner!

For a quick workaround try these steps by @Mantisentil

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  2. go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them.
  7. Save your changes and restart Spotify. 

Thank you, this really worked

You are very welcome 🙂

4 years later and this still helped out a BUNCH. Thank you so much! 😊 The app was really giving me many issues and this fixed up just fine.

Thank you very much......EVEN AFTER 4 YEARS THIS IS THE BEST SOLUTION

Suggested posts