Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs on playlist getting cut off

Songs on playlist getting cut off

All of my songs on my playlists suddenly are getting cut off and only playing half the song. How do I stop this from happening?
8 Replies

Hello!

Have you tried a clean install? You can follow the instructions here to do that 🙂

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

Hi, I have the same problem, and i tried to reinstall, but after a while the problem reappeared.

Strange, what operating system and Spotify version are you using? 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

My main PC is Windows 7 Home Premium, System type 64-bit Operating System. My Spotify version is 0.9.6.81.gd359a796

Does this answer your question? I'm afraid i'm not the least bit technical when it comes to computers and software.

I'm having the same issue sometimes from the web player. It looks like it's playing all 4:17 of the song, but it sounds like it's being cut off abruptly. The link to the song is https://play.spotify.com/track/0tFJGr68JQbQjj44n5yBWZ. 

I have Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 on a 64-bit operating system.  I use Chrome. 

@anttivikstedt please follow the instructions here for reinstalling spotify.

@Sylectra You can report content errors using this form.

I think it has something to do with the Crossfade feature. This was happening to me, but when I turned off Crossfade it stopped. The only weird thing is that, when playing a 6-minute song for example, Spotify will only register the song as going for 3 minutes, and just continue playing the whole song for the extra three minutes. Hope this helps

Suggested posts