Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify App Using Alternate Name

Spotify App Using Alternate Name

Hi!

I have been encountering a problem while using the Spotify Windows application. When I login to Spotify through Facebook, the app uses my alternate Chinese Mandarin name instead of my birth name on Facebook. I've tried deleting my alternate name on Facebook and reinstalling the application but nothing has worked so far. Is there anything I can do to change my display name back to my birth name so my friends can easily identify me? 

Thanks!

4 Replies

Hey @user-removed

From my own experience (I've changed my facebook name thrice), it updates within Spotify in the next day or two. When I change the profile picture, then it takes even longer.
I guess the best thing is to remove your alternate name and see if Spotify will update your name within the coming days. 🙂

If you still end up having the undesired one, let me know!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi @SebastVAIO 

I've removed my alternate name and have also reinstalled a clean version of my Spotify yet my name has not changed. I really hope there is a solution to this otherwise could you point me to a place where I can email the Spotify team directly?

Thanks!

I've been experiencing the same problem too, I think it might be a bug. Hopefully Spotify fixes this soon, it's uncomfortable for me to use my actual name on Spotify.

Hi!

I would suggest contacting Spotify using the contact form here.
You can also contact through Twitter (SpotifyCares) or on Facebook.

If you choose to use the contact form, you may get a reply telling to check this board or Support. Reply to it, and you'll be contacted soon.

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts