Spotify Connect Exploit - Spotiamb 0.2.1. - hijacks user accounts to play songs.

Solved!

Re: Spotify Connect Exploit - Spotiamb 0.2.1. - hijacks user accounts to play songs.

edwardsangil
Casual Listener

It's 2018 and this is still an issue Spotify is not addressing. I just had this problem this week and found out that Spotiamb (which I don't recall enrolling or subscribing to) is the culprit. They also ditched the idea of having 2-factor authentication for accounts to prevent this kind of hacking.

Re: Spotify Connect Exploit - Spotiamb 0.2.1. - hijacks user accounts to play songs.

mollieandra

I've tried every single thing to "solve" this issue that Spotify has suggested, but the Spotiamb hacker is still appearing. I even logged out every single device and changed my password. Understandably, I'm getting pretty **bleep** that Spotify isn't taking this situation seriously and keeps blaming it on sharing your account with others. I've literally never let anyone else use my account, not to mention, the password I've changed my account to is completely unique. I've never connected my Spotify with Facebook so I really don't see where this problem is coming from. Please help me with this! 

edwardsangil
Casual Listener

Try to "Signout Everywhere" on Spotify web account. You can check that under Devices in your Account page. After that, try to change password.

vimspot
Regular

THANKS! I've had this creepy issue for so long. Randomly my spotify would just start playing and SpotIamb was having so much fun listening to music.

I changed my FB password multiple times but the issue remained. I hadn't realized I had a straight up login until I read your message.

Thanks! Seems like changing my straight up spotify password solved my issue.

Angelicmts
Regular
##- Great! I am glad to help! -##

Angelicmts
Regular

Months ago I am login in spotify with my email account. Not with facebook. Also revocate all app access, and spotiamb has happily gone!

Daily mix still has some ugly spotiamb songs but you just need to block artist or song. In my case,  everything is almost normal again.

Angelicmts
Regular
##- Mollieandra, have you tried to change the email account you have
registered on spotify? Maybe a new email, and a new password can work. In
my case, was enough with change my login in from facebook to an email. Just
to be sure, verify your account and disconnect all devices and apps. I hope
it works for you. I understand how annoying is spotiamb situation! :( -##
Highlighted
Solution!

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this :)

We just wanted to let you know that if you don't have any luck with the solutions that other users have posted here, you can always reach out to our Customer Support team here. They can help make sure that your account is fully secured.

Hope that helps!

PeterModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

SUGGESTED POSTS