Spotify Connect Exploit - Spotiamb 0.2.1. - hijacks user accounts to play songs.

Solved!

Re: Spotify Connect Exploit - Spotiamb 0.2.1. - hijacks user accounts to play songs.

Rorey
Spotify Legend

Hey @user-removed. Did you see my post right above your last comment? 

Please fill out that form then post back with your case number. We'd be happy to chase this up. 

Re: Spotify Connect Exploit - Spotiamb 0.2.1. - hijacks user accounts to play songs.

user-removed
Not applicable
Even better, Spotify support contacted me and converted me to an account
with normal credentials and closed off my old one with Facebook Connect.
I'm monitoring the situation now to see if it happens again :grinning_face:

beeteesmith
Casual Listener

I am having exact same problem. Spotiamb (which I don't know what kind of program it is, it is not something I ever downloaded) has hijacked my Spotify and plays random music (often similar -- yoga, zumbah, nature noises) every few songs. 

I tried logging out of all devices, and still this phantom Spotiamb displays itself in my Spotify Connect. It seems clear we have all been targeted with the same malware. 

How to stop this? Spotify, please contact me. Longtime premium customer here.

B

beeteesmith
Casual Listener
Also, sorry, I see this is the PC forum, but I would like to note that I am using the desktop version of Spotify on a Mac.

willboot
Regular

Hi

I feel your pain. However, I did what they suggested - several times - and eventually Spotiamb just went away.

Unless it's absolutely necessary, it might help not to have Spotify open on more than one device at a time, because this exploit arrived via Spotify Connect (at least I never saw it). It's an unnecessary complication anyway, in my view.

Hope this helps,

Cheers

Mike

PS I'm on a Mac too.

beeteesmith
Casual Listener
Thanks for the reply, Mike! I will keep trying as you suggest.

Eche1226

I've just tried every step listed on this thead, and I'm getting nowhere. Unfortunately, my personal laptop is down at the moment, and the help desk link is being blocked by my work's security filters.

Can someone from Spotify just remove the Facebook log in and create a different account for me? I'm honestly ready to stop paying for the service because the spotiamb issue is so bad.

eatmygonks
Regular

Logging out and changing passwords worked for me, though the whole new age muzak crap has totally ruined my Year in Music. Sigh.

korcan1
Same thing happened to me too first my netflix turn into spanish and my pass and mail changed and now my spotify plays random music. Im goingg to format my pc did you find any virus in your pc ?

beaky20002000
I too am now having this problem. Tried the suggestions and it's removed for now. Will continue to monitor. Annoying to say the least
Screenshot_20161117-124221.png
SUGGESTED POSTS