Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect Not Working At All

Solved!

Spotify Connect Not Working At All

Still got premium. It's worked for months, until today it decided to randomly stop working. I can see only the PS4 on both my iPod and Desktop. This is extremely frustrating as i'm paying for this service and i just sorted out all my tech issues. I've tried logging out everywhere and that hasn't worked. I feel like Spotify might be having issues with their connect system as i'm pretty darn sure it's not my end. It's worked fine for ages and nothing has changed since then. 

118 Replies

Connect not working for me today. been quirky the last few weeks

Also for me.
Working 'till today, maybe cause i have updated my Lg g2 to lollipop.. But also on my older device it's not working anymore.. I'm a premium user, so i want that feature back, thanks

It also is not working for me for a few weeks now!!!!  That was one of the best features!! Not happy that I'm paying for somehting that is not working!!!!!!!!

Stopped working for me a few weeks ago having been flawless.  I use a mac mini as a Spotify server for multiroom and on the iPhone the Mac just doesn't show up.

Still not working for me. My entire multiroom system depends on this.

As I'm trying to control Spotify on multiple Mac products it looks like I'll be voting with my feet and come 30th June and the arrival of Apple Music, I'm out of here and taking my Spotify Family Plan with me.

Strangely enough, connect started working today. Spotify is fantastic again, I am happy 🙂

Please Please help

Spotify connect is not working for me either, I can see the devices on both (Laptop and Galaxy S6) but when trying to play one of my playlists is just doesnt work.

I can how ever start a playlist on my PC see it change on my phone then control it there.

Id really like a fix, Im a paying customer but more importantly i have a wedding im playing the music for using your services and the connect service is what i need most

thanks

@Barking wrote:
Strangely enough, connect started working today. Spotify is fantastic again, I am happy 🙂

So, noone from Spotify is gonna take a look at it or keep us up-to-date about the issue??

Just set up my Panasonic Allplay speakers and cannot get Spotify Connect to work/see them. Completely useless now - but had it working yesterday???

Aaaaaaaand connect has stopped working again.

I've had enough of this.If Apple can make remote work relatively reliably then Spotify should be able to do the same.

Apple Music belongs once again.

"Bekons"

Also not been able to get this to work on and off for the last couple months!! Glad it's not just me

Iphone 6+ and iMac. In fact, also have Windows 8 laptop that it wont connect with either! Very frustrating. 

Same problem here, and I'm really frustrated. I spent 1200 Euro on a new Wifi loudspeaker system from LG to my new house, and based all my music playing on Spotify. Worked fine with SpotifyConnect for a while, and suddenly the Connect button in the lowerRH corner was gone. So - I am stuck with a 1200 Euro loudspeaker system with no music to play!!
Spotify team - where are you?!?!!!

Try restarting both the HIFI receiver and the Spotify app / device running it.

I have numerous Spotify Connect disappearing issues, but all seem to be resolved for a while restarting all participating spotify componets ( which is very annoying ) 

Same issue. My windows laptop and android phone aren't finding eachother and it's annoying because my phone used to connect perfectly fine to the ps3 so i dont understand why all of a sudden the connect won't work.

HI all

I've recentely experienced the same issue.

I've the Cocktail Audio x12 (liquid music player) which is supporting SPotify Connect feature since last week, but nothing happens.
I can see all my devices in the network except for the Cocktail Audio.

Do you have any update on this?

Thanks

same here 😞

Having trouble as well. Discovery protocol seems to be very wobbly. I used to be able to find my sugrcube speaker. Now this is no longer the case. I can't find ANY speaker at all. I've experienced this on the Desktop app if I might add.

Photoshop Guru, UI Designer

New user of spotify but it doesn't connect on my np30.

Win7 & Nexus 6... Just stopped working a week ago... tried everything... Is this just a giant bug that Spotify won't cop to? It's annoying seeing the "it will magically appear here" message. BS, it magically disappears too. They tout it so proudly, but they should be ashamed that this many people are having problems.

Suggested posts