Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect Not Working At All

Solved!

Spotify Connect Not Working At All

Still got premium. It's worked for months, until today it decided to randomly stop working. I can see only the PS4 on both my iPod and Desktop. This is extremely frustrating as i'm paying for this service and i just sorted out all my tech issues. I've tried logging out everywhere and that hasn't worked. I feel like Spotify might be having issues with their connect system as i'm pretty darn sure it's not my end. It's worked fine for ages and nothing has changed since then. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Try resetting the unit. Worked for me.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I just got an update for the PC app and it seemed to correct the problem, But before hand I did reinstall the app on my PC and it started working, the moment I restarted the PC, it did not work between the tablet/phone and the PC again.

But this update seemed to have fixed it on my end anyway.

Marked as solution

funny thing is, this actually got mine working again!!!

kinda thanks to your comment!

Problem with Yamaha RX-V475 (A3C703):

-device visible in Spotify Connect for Android phone and MacBook

-when I click on the device, it displays 'trying to connect...' but doesn't actually do anything

-when I hit play again afterwards, it starts playing on the device I have my hands on

solution:

-start a song

-click on radio in the upper left

-then click on spotify connect button and connect to the desired device

sadly, I still can't control it from my Android device anymore 😞

kind regards,

cymetzberger

Marked as solution

I have been having the same issue with spotify not on pc not connecting to my android phone. The only thing i hadn't tried was dissconnecting from my work wifi (the same wifi that my work computer is on) and switched to my cell 4G service (for my phone only). Now it is working with no problems. 

Marked as solution

Had a couple of updates to Spotify this week and now the ability to link to my Amp is working again. Version 8.4.17.640 armV7.

118 Replies

It's not your end. Service not working here either...

I see. Anyone else who is having issues, I suggest you post in this thread so it can get some attention and Spotify can fix the issue.

First time here and just registred for being able to post, and I see registred 2 weeks ago.

This is not right, I've had spotify for some years now.

Hope they fix it soon, I really really need this feature.

Yep... me too mate. Spotify is no where near as useful to me without it. Hopefully some moderators give us some info... or hopefully Spotify are already aware of it.

same here - i can see my samsung wireless gear under the connect area but it will not connect to anything, the music just plays through my phone/tablet/macbook still (same issue on all 3 devices)

it isnt the samsung gear because the samsung app lets me play internet radio over the wireless speakers still.

MIne isn't working either. It did last week. But this week nothing. I've tried logging out and backin again (on both computer and phone), and I've tried reinstalling the app on both too. Conected to same Wi-Fi but nothing. Shame. Such a useful feature if it ever work.

Mine was working fine until yesterday tried resetting an reinstalling everything an still the issue persists love the service hope they fix this soon

Same problem here since yesterday. Very frustrating!

Spotify connect doesn't work, I cannot see other devices; it's worked for months, until yesterday, and nothing change on my system; I have premium account. I hope this problem will be resolved quickly.

Strange thing happend. Yesterday connect didn't work at all. This morning it worked 1 time. At least he showed me the other device. But on the other device the other didn't show up and now everything is gone again on both devices. Does spotify have problems in their data center? A busy authentiation server? Problems with licences.. I'm reading to many problems on this site..

Same problem for me! Was working fine but now when I go to connect on either ipad or android phone it seems to take a few seconds for it to recognise the Roberts Istream 2 radio, then when I click to connect it just doesn't do it. The connect icon appears to pulse (a bit like it is buffering) but never gets anywhere. Internet radio works fine on this radio so pretty sure it's spotifuggle that is the problem, rather than my wifi etc.

Same problem here. Since yesterday connect is not working under OS X nor under iOS 8.3. Strange enough: It works under iOS 7.

Try now guys it should be working mine is back even though they ignored me on twitter i seen a reply to someone which said they've just done some work behind the scenes an to try now

Yes. Working for me now

Working now.

Although, i do have something else i want to bring up. If I'm controlling what gets played on my PS4 through my laptop using the desktop app, when I go to an artists page and play a song.... although it will play... the desktop app will show a different song playing. It gets really glitchy and if the desktop doesn't realise which song is playing... it can cause quite a few problems.... Although, if I search for the song directly, it will all work normally. It's been like this since Spotify came to PS4. I'd love if you guys would look into this as it's really annoying.

Now it seems to work; I hope it's definitively

It no longer works again.....

Ive been having problems with the PS4 app all week, cant play any songs....willing to give it another few days but defo not paying for this when my free trial runs out

Spotify Connect which used to work perfectly on my Galaxy S5 / Yamaha Receiver combo, now refuses to connect at all.

Have tried all the power off / on, app reinstall suggestions that Ive seen but nothing works.

On another thread people have had success changing the DNS Server settings on the Receiver, but that failed for me.

Given that nothing has been updated on my system other than the Spoitify Connect App, it rather points the finger at you guys.

Oh yeah - desktop app works perfectly, so I assume its not an account issue.

Suggested posts