Premium

Country

USA

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I received a Google Home mini through a Spotify promotion. I assumed that meant the device was compatible with the app (in all its forms), but the desktop app does NOT show the home mini in available devices to play to. In fact, it doesn't even show my phone. Only if I start a song FROM my phone does either my phone or the speaker show up on the desktop app. All versions of the app are up to date, all devices are running their latest software/OS, and all devices are on the same WiFi network.

I use the desktop app while working during the day to leave the battery and memory free on my phone to do other things. Having to run my music from my phone to the speaker defeats that purpose, drains my battery, and other functions on my phone can interrupt the app. PLEASE add this connect functionality to the desktop app.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @J13lue,

Thanks for getting in touch with us and welcome to the Community 🙂

The troubleshooting steps you've tried so far are very good. We'd like to add a few more. We'd suggest you restart the devices and to log out and log back in to the account.

You can also give these steps a go and clear the cache. That way you can make sure the cache is not causing this issue.

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. 

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @J13lue,

Thanks for getting in touch with us and welcome to the Community 🙂

The troubleshooting steps you've tried so far are very good. We'd like to add a few more. We'd suggest you restart the devices and to log out and log back in to the account.

You can also give these steps a go and clear the cache. That way you can make sure the cache is not causing this issue.

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. 

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you!

When I logged on this morning there was another update available for the desktop application. I installed that before trying anything else and it appears that so far it's working. Both my phone and the speaker showed under the casting options without the app having to be open or active on my phone.

I am saving these additional steps, just in case they end up being needed later.

Suggested posts