Premium

Country

US

Device

Dell Workstation

Operating System

Windows 10 Pro with latest updates

My Question or Issue

After the latest Spotify update, I can no longer launch Spotify. It immediately freezes (with the window turning black) after a few seconds it force-closes. I have complete uninstalled, wiped everything spotify related, installed the full offline version, fresh installs from the windows store, installed from choco, etc.  

The only difference after wiping data it takes 3-5 seconds to freeze and I can actually get to user/pass dialog.

The crash dumps do not seem to provide decent information that is helpful. Procmon shows buffer overflows on SSL certificates but I'm not sure that is related. 

This only happens on my work computer and not on any other computer I own.

2 Replies

Hey there @mackhax0r

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

It's good that you logged in to your Spotify account on another device to test if you observe the same. If this issue doesn't occur on a different device, we'd suggest making sure that your original device is up to speed with any software updates available.

We also suggest you check if the same happens under a different network. If it works with another connection, it's best to contact the service provider of the original network for more information. For example, some shared or public networks (e.g. schools/work/office) might restrict access to certain services, which would explain what happened here. In such case you might need to get in touch with the admins of your office network. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

Sadly, I am the admin of our network and it is at work (state network). Nothing on our side of things has changed. We have a proxy but again nothing has changed as I would be the one making changes.

The web based player is working fine. Other people in the office are reporting their spotify instances are working flawlessly. 

Are there logs that I can take a look at?

Suggested posts