Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Dell Inspiron 3650

Operating System

Windows 10, 64 bit OS

My Question or Issue

Hello all. Last night, I noticed that my Spotify is no longer working. Upon launching the client on my PC, the Spotify window opens momentarily (less than three seconds), then closes. I get no noise or crash log that appears, and restarting my PC does not help with this issue. Inside of the expandable toolbar in the right hand of the taskbar, the Spotify client remains open until I hover over it, and then it closes. Despite this, when I open the Task Manager, it does not show any Spotify services, or any Spotify clients open. In addition, when I check my Discord client, I have the option of inviting people to listen to the current song I am listening to on my mobile phone (iPhone 7, running iOS 12.2), yet the Spotify client is not open on my PC.
Spotify works on my mobile devices (aforementioned iPhone, and an iPad) perfectly, so I do not know what the issue with my desktop is.
Thank you, I hope you can help me with this.
EDIT:
I have fixed the issue. I believe it was due to me directly installing Spotify rather than using the Microsoft Store. This post may be closed.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Creeperguy05.

Thanks for posting your question in the Community, and great to hear you were able to resolve the issue on your own!

If any other users are having trouble with the desktop app for Windows, make sure to try downloading the app from this link as the OP suggested.

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @Creeperguy05.

Thanks for posting your question in the Community, and great to hear you were able to resolve the issue on your own!

If any other users are having trouble with the desktop app for Windows, make sure to try downloading the app from this link as the OP suggested.

Hope that helps!

Suggested posts