Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Radio Customization

Spotify Radio Customization

When you create a playlist (or any) radio station and a song comes on that is nothing like the other music but you like the song for a different playlist or radio station, should you thumbs down the song? Does it just tell Spotify you don't want it in that station or will that tell Spotify not to play the song in any station? I'm hesitant to thumbs down tracks that don't fit the station because I might want them in a different station.

3 Replies

Don't worry, it will only affect the particular station you're listening to, so feel free to thumbs down anything you don't want to hear on that station.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for the info. I have a followup question if anyone happens to know the answer. Does the thumbs down tell Spotify not to play songs similar based on the artist alone or is it doing some kind of analysis of the actual audio of the file to determine "similar songs". In other words would be safe to thumbs down a song of an artist I like, but just not a specific song? I don't want the whole artist to be ommitted.

No problem. Not sure of the specifics of how the algorithm works, and there have seemingly been some changes in that area lately, but I can tell you that thumbing down a track definitely doesn't remove the artist altogether. So, if there's just a particular track you don't like, you shouldn't have any real issues from thumbing it down.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts