Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify User Interface Lag - Desktop - Win 10 64 - Software Problem

Solved!

Spotify User Interface Lag - Desktop - Win 10 64 - Software Problem

Lately I am having a constant problem with lag involving the spotify desktop client and its not getting any better.

When I reinstall spotify its amazingly fast and works without a hitch, everything I do on the interface is instantaneous, going through my playlists, searches, advancing a song or adjusting the volume. But as soon as I have to turn off or restart my pc and thus relaunch spotify it will go straight back to being rediculously slow again with more than acceptable user interface lag.

I basically have to reinstall spotify evertime I restart my pc just to have a usable spotify, as in that im not so **bleep** frustrated by how cr*p and slow it is all the time otherwise. The over all user interface lag can be so frustrating especially for a 'premium service'

I have tried all of the suggested methods amongst the other posts in the forums such as flushing all the %appdata% locations and the like but it always goes back to being stupid slow after I restart my machine.

I get the impretion that the client is syncing with something cloud based and reimposing that each time I try to flush it out.

I'd like to point out that on all the computers I've ever used or where ever I've lived over the years regardless of internet connection speeds and what not that the spotify desktop client has always had questionable performance issues of its own compared to other services.

Whats going on?

Internet Speed 5-8 MegaBytes per second
Ping is usually well below 100ms on any decent service.

Spotify Client : 1.1.9.383.g9f48828e

Internet Speed.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Tidal is the way to go everyone if you're having this issue, wish I had known about it earlier.

Its funny because it looks to be developed on the same platform as spotify it even looks very similar, tidal must have got it right though, it works flawlessly with no latency and it could even merge virtually all my libraries and playlists from spotify (except for a few no name songs) . Haha!

I'm happy and back to listening to music regularly at home on my hifi now 🙂

View solution in original post

4 Replies

I have exactly the same problem,

everytime I restarted I need to clear C:\Users\Me\AppData\Local\Spotify

been like this for months! 

Are you using Nvidia card?

my experience turning off Hardware Acceleration won't get any better.

I do have a Nvidia card

I've tried just about everything at this point.

The thing is now since the recent update its gotten much worse. If I don't reinstall spotify its not worth the trouble, but I am now getting noticeable lag all the time.

For the past few months since a spotify update even the reinstallation and cache wipe of the program no longer mitigates the latency issue.

Thus I have hardly been using spotify at all on my pc which I used to enjoy a lot.

I have half a mind just to give up on this platform entirely and call my bank saying I want to refund all the auto payments I've had as I haven't been getting an acceptable service with no apparent updates or fixes.

We shouldn't have to me Mr I.T just to make something work    

Marked as solution

Tidal is the way to go everyone if you're having this issue, wish I had known about it earlier.

Its funny because it looks to be developed on the same platform as spotify it even looks very similar, tidal must have got it right though, it works flawlessly with no latency and it could even merge virtually all my libraries and playlists from spotify (except for a few no name songs) . Haha!

I'm happy and back to listening to music regularly at home on my hifi now 🙂

Suggested posts