Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify VERY slow.

Spotify VERY slow.

Songs are buffering extremely slowly, searches take forever, downloading songs for offline use take too long.  Whats going on guys? About to cancel if this doesn't get fixed, i've seen others say the same.

156 Replies

I've had that problem for months now. Almost stopped using the desktop app completely. Everything's fine on my tablet and phone but I definitely want to listen to music on my desktop computer and it's becoming impossible. I'm a paying premium member and I'm definitely thinking about quitting my membership. This is not worth paying for anymore.

This seems to be a very common problem, and I really can't understand why Spotify don't fix it. Have you tried complaining to Spotify? Did you get an answer?

Assuming that leads nowhere, then the only thing I can suggest is that you install Linux on your computer and run the Linux Preview version of the Spotify client, which is very fast and has no detectable impact on the performance of my desktop computer.

I realise that this is not an approach that will appeal to everyone, but if you want to try it then I would be happy to help.

Regards

Chris Gordon-Smith

Thanks. I have reported it but no solution. Since I posted that initially there has been a little improvement but not much.

I was told to reinstall, I did and it kind of worked. I use my phone
mostly instead lately so it's not a major concern anymore.

Your phone might be slowed or your web player isn't perfect for your phone.     

Expert

I have been waiting for over 5 minutes for Spotify to open on Windows 10. As a premium member I find this unacceptable. Is Spotify oblivious to this problem? Someone is asleep at the switch. The engineers at Spotify are as slow as the Windows APP. They could at least put out a statement to give us a clue about the nature of the problem. All I get is a wait circle with no explaination.

Have you tried writing (snail mail) to them. Or just calling at their
office?

I have tried every means and I have not had solutioninitially worked perfectly but lately doing very slow, it takes to load and start loggin

so I want to disenroll

I'm seeing a "new" kind of slowness at startup since Spotiy updated on Sunday (1.0.26.132.ga4e3ccee)   - Only File Edit View appear on toolbar and a spinner on the otherwise blank black background. It stays like this for up to five minutes but eventually populates the remainder of the content and works fine from that point on.

This new topic Spotify-keep-spinnning might be a more appropriate place to discuss this particular slow startup issue.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

I'm having the exact same issue. Spotify works great on my phone but extremely slow sometimes when searching for artists or specific songs. 

I've tried deleting the files in the spotify data, browser, and storage folder as well as removing and reinstalling spotify and it is still extremely slow.

My Spotify is terrible. I have a six-month old iMac, fibre internet - everything else runs like a dream, but my desktop Spotify is a joke. Plays songs ok, it's the searching it can't handle - gets stuck with the spinning wheel for so long, and so often, it's not really worth the hassle of searching for stuff. 

Have changed my local settings as suggested, consolidated playlists, blah blah. Am looking at other options so I can quit Spotify. 

Yeah, I just don't get it. It takes MINUTES from starting the app on my PC to actually being able to browse or do anything at all. Every "solution" posted may fix it temprorarily, but it always returns to being super slow. Very frustrating for something I'm paying for. It's 2017, guys. This sort of thing is unacceptable.

i have the same problems with Spotify for many years now, everything freezes each 3 seconds for two seconds, scroll down is impossible most of the time. I have Windows 10 Pro on my computer, original was Windows Vista. Almost everything works, accept my hobby and that's Spotify! It's really frustrating me... When i use it on school, Spotify works normal and fast... That computer has a intel i5 core processor. For Spotify you need that!

I have the same problem with my new imac (sierra 10.12.4). In the old imac (the os x 10.6.8) everything works fine. The installed version of spotify is 0.9.15.27 (2014). I will end up canceling the subscription. 

Do something quickly!

Its very strange. Spotify runs very well on my Debian Linux laptop, but
its horrible when I try it with Windows

@toze23 wrote:

I have the same problem with my new imac (sierra 10.12.4). In the old imac (the os x 10.6.8) everything works fine. The installed version of spotify is 0.9.15.27 (2014). I will end up canceling the subscription. 

Do something quickly!

Uh, you're running a ridiculously old version of Spotify. Your version is three years old. Update to the latest version, that might fix your problems. Also, before reporting problems, please make sure you're running the latest version of Spotify.

Sorry if I misunderstood, but it's the old version that works fine. The most current version on the new computer is that it does not work well.

Since i posted my complaint about the problem with the spotifiy app, it seemes that the "song remains the same". Spotify windows app take a huge amount of ram, and it is still very very slow. I wonder if that problem will be resolved once for all one day. 

i checked it out too, and it's true! If you don't have enough ram on your computer, Spotify works not good at all. You need at last 4 gb ram. It sounds expensive and a lot... yes it is! Spotify doesn't have a windows 10 app right now, everyone would be happy if that comes! And it solves a lot of problems to! 

I'm having issues as well. Either it freezes on me or is terribly slow!! I have a samsung neo 5. Never had issues before just the past few weeks! Can you please help me?

Suggested posts