Free

Country

Device

lenovo thinkpad t440

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hello everyone,

My Spotify app, as seen in the image, does not work properly. A while ago, i found out that newer music did not load anymore but the older music did. Recently, the problem worsened since i can't listen to any music at all anymore using the desktop app. The web app still functions fine.

I have tried uninstalling and re installing, uninstalling and deleting all spotify related programs i could find and then re installing. 

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you in advance,

Camieletje

Spotify.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @camieletje, help's arrived. 

Have you tried restarting your router, and if possible, try another internet connection?

If that doesn't help, try the following steps:

• Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  • Go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  • Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  • When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  • Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  • If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them.
  • Save your changes and restart Spotify.

Let us know how it goes!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @camieletje, help's arrived. 

Have you tried restarting your router, and if possible, try another internet connection?

If that doesn't help, try the following steps:

• Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  • Go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  • Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  • When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  • Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  • If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them.
  • Save your changes and restart Spotify.

Let us know how it goes!

Thank you!

I had already tried on multiple different networks but that didn't help. The other fix did the job!

Suggested posts