Solved!

Spotify Won't Play Anything on my Computer, PC App and Web Player don't Work

Plan Premium

Free/Premium

Country USA

Device Asus ROG Windows 10 Laptop

Operating System Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I've seen that other people are having this problem as well, but I'd like to make my own thread for it. Ever since yesterday, Spotify has not played anything at all on my computer. I've tried reinstalling, and using the web player. Everything has been a no-go. At first, it just wouldn't add songs into my playlists, so I reinstalled Spotify and it would no longer play anything and every single playlist appears as empty. I tried the web player, my songs and playlists showed up, but the web player refused to play anything. I find this whole situation wierd because Spotify works just fine on my iPhone, playlists, songs, and everything. Hopefully someone can find a solution soon.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @sm45007 and @elainalou-gb,

Thanks for getting in touch!

It sounds like something might be up with your host files. You can reset those if you follow the next few steps on your PC:

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  2. go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them.
  7. Save your changes and restart Spotify.

Hope it does the trick! Let us know if it doesn't or if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

I'm having the same issues. did you find a fix?

Marked as solution

Hey @sm45007 and @elainalou-gb,

Thanks for getting in touch!

It sounds like something might be up with your host files. You can reset those if you follow the next few steps on your PC:

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  2. go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them.
  7. Save your changes and restart Spotify.

Hope it does the trick! Let us know if it doesn't or if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts