Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!! Can't run spotify setup

PlanPremiumCountry Norway Operating SystemWindows 8,1 My Question or IssueWhen i am trying to run the spotify setup i does not work, nothing happends? What is the problem?

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Norway   Operating System Windows 8,1   My Question or Issue When i am trying to run the spotify setup i does not work, nothing happends? What is the pro...
  • Mantisentil
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify can't play this right now

I have a problem over all of my devices where I can't play certain songs and get the "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."Only happens for certain songs:See You Again by Tyler, The CreatorBest F...

• I have a problem over all of my devices where I can't play certain songs and get the "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it." Only happens for ce...
  • Grumtastic
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist filtering with CTRL+F is broken

Ctrl+F functionality in playlist seems to be somewhat broken (at least for non-english titles). I have the following playlist: https://open.spotify.com/user/andreishe/playlist/0ixY5gBr0hz2iCx6isehbs?si=Hj_jxuF-QuWTIu-1mRznVQ I opened it in the deskto...

• Casual Listener
  • Ctrl+F functionality in playlist seems to be somewhat broken (at least for non-english titles).   I have the following playlist: https://open.spotify.com/user/andreishe/playlist/0ixY5gBr0...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Added new playlist i´ve never made (and never will...)

PlanPremiumCountry SpainDeviceG S7, PCOperating SystemAndroid Oreo, Windows 10My Question or Issue Hi allI think mine´s more than a problem but a punishment. From nowhere it appears a damned playlist at the top of my library´s playlists (Favourites? ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Spain Device G S7, PC Operating System Android Oreo, Windows 10 My Question or Issue  Hi all I think mine´s more than a problem but a punishment. From n...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I have a high jitter internet connection, Spotify takes a long time to realize connection is back up

Hi, I am having trouble with Spotify going online and offline again in very long intervals. It can take 30 seconds or more for Spotify to recognize that the connection is available again, and during all that time, I cannot continue to view the artist...

• Hi, I am having trouble with Spotify going online and offline again in very long intervals.  It can take 30 seconds or more for Spotify to recognize that the connection is available again, and d...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

skip la musique directement par windows

PlanPremiumCountry Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Je veux skip la musique sans entrer dans l'app spotify si y a un raccourci, jai vu y a ctrl fleche dr mais ca fonctionne pas

• Plan Premium Country     Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  Je veux skip la musique sans entrer dans l'app spotify si y a un raccourci, jai vu y a ctrl f...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Songs become unavailable after Spotify update

PlanPremiumCountryVietNam Operating SystemWindows 7My Question or IssueAfter I updated my Spotify app on Windows 7, some of my songs become unavailable (Killing the Mercy, Don't Get Me Wrong (And One); Gods and Monsters (Lana Del Rey)). I was able to...

stop.JPG the sun.JPG
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country VietNam  Operating System Windows 7 My Question or Issue After I updated my Spotify app on Windows 7, some of my songs become unavailable (Killing the Mercy, Don't Ge...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems with the activity of the friends list

Hello, I have this problem a couple of months ago. When I start Spotify, I get the list of friends and their activity without problems, but after about 20 minutes at most, their activity stops as if they were not listening to anything. The next day r...

• Hello, I have this problem a couple of months ago. When I start Spotify, I get the list of friends and their activity without problems, but after about 20 minutes at most, their activity stops as if ...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Error when trying to launch installer.

PlanpremiumCountry usDevice(desktop pc)Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or Issue I am recieving the following error when trying to launch spotify for the first time : the procedure entry point pauhremovefilespecw could not be located in the d...

• Plan premium Country  us Device (desktop pc) Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue  I am recieving the following error when trying to launch spotify for the fi...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify toca sozinho quando está pausado

PlanPremium FamilyCountry BrazilDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows10 My Question or Issue Há algum tempo, quando tenho o spotify pausado no meu computador, começa a tocar alguma musica aleatória. Já troquei a senha, sai de todos os dispositivos e a...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Family Country  Brazil Device Desktop Operating System Windows10   My Question or Issue  Há algum tempo, quando tenho o spotify pausado no meu computador...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 30 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 30 replies
  • 11 likes

How to disable crossfade

Hello, I am using the desktop app on my windows 8.1 and I have the crossfade already disabled in settings, but when I pause and play the songs the crossfade is still there, how do I turn it off completely?

•   Hello,   I am using the desktop app on my windows 8.1 and I have the crossfade already disabled in settings, but when I pause and play the songs the crossfade is still there, how do I ...
  • DennyEMufc
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Offline Installer?

I have some problem when install Spotify (you can check it on my attachment). Is Spotify have an offline installer? If it have so where can i get it? Thank you

•   I have some problem when install Spotify (you can check it on my attachment). Is Spotify have an offline installer? If it have so where can i get it? Thank you
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify not saving current song on shutdown

PlanPremiumCountry NLDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI've seen a few other topics like this but there was no answer/solution yet.But somehow on my Windows computer Spotify does not save current song and if I turn off my PC it w...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country  NL Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I've seen a few other topics like this but there was no answer/solution yet. But somehow on ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

i have a problem about updater. Updater wasnt able to start.

PlanPremiumCountry TURKEYDevicenotebookOperating System windows 10My Question or Issuefor some days, i am getting an error. it is about updater. i can see uptader button on right side but when i click, it is getting an error. i will upload its screen...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  TURKEY Device notebook Operating System  windows 10 My Question or Issue for some days, i am getting an error. it is about updater. i can see uptader button o...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • updater problem
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Sound stops, but the song continues

PlanPremiumCountry NorwayDeviceWindowsOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI've had this issue a while now.The sound completely stops, song continues, but worst of all, the entire app just stop functioning...While this is happening, (which ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Norway Device Windows Operating System Windows 10  My Question or Issue I've had this issue a while now. The sound completely stops, song continues, but wors...
  • Karlka97
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Crshing

PlanFree/PremiumCountry EnglandDevice HP Compaq Pro 6305 MT Hewlett-PackardOperating SystemMicrosoft Windows 10 ProVersion 10.0.17134 Build 17134System Type x64-based PCMy Question or Issueeverytime i try to open spotify app ,it crushingand dont work...

• Plan Free/Premium Country  England Device  HP Compaq Pro 6305 MT Hewlett-Packard Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version  10.0.17134 Build 17134 System Type x6...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How to stop Christmas "effects"?

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Is there a way to stop these stupid Christmas snowflake effects? Ever since they started, Spotify is not regularly using 50% of my CPU. I don't need that load for stupid ef...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA  Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  Is there a way to stop these stupid Christmas snowflake effects? Ever since they start...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Sort artists songs

When displaying an artist, the albums are displayed and the songs in the album. How can I sort all the songs of an artist alphabetically regardless of the album?GerätWindows PCBetriebssystemBetriebssystemWindows 10 Meine Frage oder Ausgabe

•   When displaying an artist, the albums are displayed and the songs in the album. How can I sort all the songs of an artist alphabetically regardless of the album? Gerät Windows PC Betrieb...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes