Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify always starts with first song in artists list.

Solved!

Spotify always starts with first song in artists list.

Hi,

i have the following problem with the desktop version of spotify (win 10):

I prefer using the 'Artists' category instead of playlists. Earlier I could choose any song in the list of a artist I saved, but since a few hours this is not possible any more.

Spotify starts always playing the first song, so I can't choose a specific song without overleap all the songs before.

I tested playlists and the 'songs' category and also 'artists' in the webplayer. Nowhere is the same problem.

New log in, pc restart didn't help, too.

I hope anyone can help.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello everyone!

Spotify is aware of this issue and they are currently working on fixing it. For more information, please go here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Saved-album-song-selection-bug/idc-p/1619645

Please let me know if there's anything else I can do to help you 🙂

View solution in original post

8 Replies

i have the exact same problem, it seems to be a new restriction for free users

Im premiun and i have the same problem!!! **bleep**! Is so annoying!!

Albums have same problem. If you click on a saved album to go to the track list, then click the play button next to one of the tracks, it'll just jump up to the first track so you have to skip down to whatever you're trying to listen to. Only had this issue since the latest update. 

If I use my phone to control playback on my desktop, I don't have the same issue. 

same issue here, help .what happened?

Yes, same problem after the latest update on Windows. Pretty much it acts always like you're pressing the green play button at the top of the album. Very annoying.

Got the same problem with albums and nothing i do seems to help. And i use premium too.

Marked as solution

Hello everyone!

Spotify is aware of this issue and they are currently working on fixing it. For more information, please go here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Saved-album-song-selection-bug/idc-p/1619645

Please let me know if there's anything else I can do to help you 🙂

Thank you!

Suggested posts