Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • crawford13x
  • Regular
  • 71 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 71 replies
  • 24 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Ytse
  • Casual Listener
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Volume control with active speakers

Hi, I've got active/self-powered speakers, which are connected to my pc via USB. Changing the volume with my media buttons on the keyboard does not work, as the windows volume is triggered, which has no effect on my speaker's volume. However, when ch...

• Hi,   I've got active/self-powered speakers, which are connected to my pc via USB. Changing the volume with my media buttons on the keyboard does not work, as the windows volume is triggered, ...
  • itu_
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playist Recommended Songs Problem.

Hello everybody, i have a problem about which is defined at title. I have created too much playists. Only one of my playist, i can not see the recommended songs in this playist. Other playists there have Recommended Song Optional. For instance K O R ...

p1.jpg p2.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  • Hello everybody, i have a problem about which is defined at title. I have created too much playists. Only one of my playist, i can not see the recommended songs in this playist. Other playists there ...
  • Test89
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist sorting options

Playlists cannot be dragged into a new playlist folder unless it already contains a playlist Steps to reproduce on Windows1. Create a new playlist folder2. Attempt to drag an existing playlist into this folder3. Playlist is not moved Not, this bug ca...

• Playlists cannot be dragged into a new playlist folder unless it already contains a playlist   Steps to reproduce on Windows 1. Create a new playlist folder 2. Attempt to drag an existing pl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify plays all local files songs that I just added, then doesn't play them at all

I have a playlist of 100+ songs and when I put new local files songs in it and sync them to my iPad spotify plays all of them randomly, and once I skip through them it dosen't play them at all when I hit shuffle, it only plays other songs in my playl...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a playlist of 100+ songs and when I put new local files songs in it and sync them to my iPad spotify plays all of them randomly, and once I skip through them it dosen't play them at all when I...
  • OrangeLord
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

CANT FIND A SONG

I can't find the song Teach Me How by Dirt Poor Robins. Its on the CD The Cage, but it isnt of spotify or anywhere else really. Can anyone help?

• I can't find the song Teach Me How by Dirt Poor Robins. Its on the CD The Cage, but it isnt of spotify or anywhere else really. Can anyone help?
  • nsmith1
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Server zusammenbruch ?

Hallo, Kann seid etwa 13 Uhr kein Spotify mehr hören, es meint immer ich sei Offline.Meine Internet Verbindung besteht aber ganz normal, und da die Spotify.com/de Seite 3 Minuten braucht um zu laden (jede andere unter 3 Sekunden) würde ich mal an ein...

• Hallo, Kann seid etwa 13 Uhr kein Spotify mehr hören, es meint immer ich sei Offline. Meine Internet Verbindung besteht aber ganz normal, und da die Spotify.com/de Seite 3 Minuten braucht um zu lade...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Double scroll bar on desktop

As you can see, double scroll bar, one for friends, one for the edge of the screen, doesn't go up and down. I've got a 4k monitor, so 3840x2160 so it can't be too small. Doing "ctrl -" gets rid of it, but then text is darn small. This is the desktop ...

• Regular
  • As you can see, double scroll bar, one for friends, one for the edge of the screen, doesn't go up and down.   I've got a 4k monitor, so 3840x2160 so it can't be too small.   Doing "ctrl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Error 4 or Cannot play message on Desktop Version

I am fully connected to my Internet and all other sites, mail, browses, etc are working correctly but Spotify sends me errors messages that I am offline, or and error 4, or that they cannot play the song right now. Once a song does begin to play, it ...

• I am fully connected to my Internet and all other sites, mail, browses, etc are working correctly but Spotify sends me errors messages that I am offline, or and error 4, or that t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows 8.1 and Spotify Connect bug

Hi,I am exepriencing significant inconvenience when I try to run Spotify on Windows 8.1 pro: the Spotify does not see Marantz NA6005 standalone network player device. However when I run virtual Debian on the same Windows 8.1 then Spotify on Debian se...

• ...ested on Windows 8.1: - disable Norton Security - unisntall Norton Security - disable Windows firewall for both private and public networks - change network to private (using registry) - change c...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Removal of public playlists?

Is it a thing now that Spotify removes our public playlists from our profile? I can't view my own playlists or others. Hope this is just temporary, and not yet another move of Spotify to decrease the level of community, for which I started using it i...

• Casual Listener
  • Is it a thing now that Spotify removes our public playlists from our profile? I can't view my own playlists or others. Hope this is just temporary, and not yet another move of Spotify to decrease t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

music jumping only for 1 album using spotify desktop (Windows 7)

Hello, I've been having an issue when playing songs from 1 album ONLY while using Spotify desktop for windows 7, the album is Connection by The Green Children, I found this very odd, as this doesn't happen while I listen to that same album trough Spo...

• Visitor
  • Hello, I've been having an issue when playing songs from 1 album ONLY while using Spotify desktop for windows 7, the album is Connection by The Green Children, I found this very odd, as this doe...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't find my facebook friends

The app on the iPhone or on Windows say i have 0 friends on facebook who uses spotify, but i have a friend and i saw his account on his phone and he had the same friends i have just from facebook, but I can't find them in my phone or computer. I am l...

• Casual Listener
  • The app on the iPhone or on Windows say i have 0 friends on facebook who uses spotify, but i have a friend and i saw his account on his phone and he had the same friends i have just from facebook, bu...
  • MonicaM_Bogota
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Starts a song halfway through

On both my android and on my laptop I have had instances of my songs from my playlist being started halfway through. Mostly on my android, but it has recently happened on my computer too.

• Casual Listener
  • On both my android and on my laptop I have had instances of my songs from my playlist being started halfway through. Mostly on my android, but it has recently happened on my computer too.
  • shaf-4
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

This update is not working for me... :/

1. I had Equalify Pro installed on my computer and they had an updated version that is supposed to work with this new version of Spotify. Well, I installed the new Equalify and it does not work. No matter what I do.2. When I play music, I have NO aud...

• Roadie
  • 1. I had Equalify Pro installed on my computer and they had an updated version that is supposed to work with this new version of Spotify. Well, I installed the new Equalify and it does not work. No m...
  • Raven1111
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

No Chromecast players appear

Man... This Spotify support sucks, where is the live chat? Anyhow, NO Chromecasts appear in my devices, neither in my web player or desktop player on Win10. I've tried all the regular troubleshooting steops. How in the world can I fix this and play f...

• Casual Listener
  • Man... This Spotify support sucks, where is the live chat?   Anyhow, NO Chromecasts appear in my devices, neither in my web player or desktop player on Win10. I've tried all the regular troubl...
  • TompiTun
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't stop Spotify from launching at startup

Running windows 7 and latest version of Spotify. I have checked DON'T launch Spotify at startup in my preferences. I just looked and this is still selected. Removed Spotify from my startup folder, ran selective startup and unchecked Spotify, even ran...

• Casual Listener
  • Running windows 7 and latest version of Spotify.  I have checked DON'T launch Spotify at startup in my preferences. I just looked and this is still selected.  Removed Spotify from my startu...
  • furuanku
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Old repeat one functionality

Hi spotify,I've been trying to get used to your new repeat one functionality. Where it puts it back to repeat all when you go to another song. However I like discovering new music by listening to a track over and over and then when I'm either tired o...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi spotify, I've been trying to get used to your new repeat one functionality. Where it puts it back to repeat all when you go to another song. However I like discovering new music by listening to...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Local File ID3 Tags Disappearing

I have a couple of albums that are not available in the streaming library, so I am using local copies. If I add them to my sync'd folder they show up correctly, but if I close and reopen the application the track and album names dissapear. Is there a...

• Visitor
  • I have a couple of albums that are not available in the streaming library, so I am using local copies.  If I add them to my sync'd folder they show up correctly,  but if I close and reopen ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Play Queue Queued Tracks clears itself when edited (and ads are playing)

If you have several tracks queued up, and try deleting any of them or changing their order while ads are playing, all queued tracks are deleted from the queue. Adding tracks does not trigger this. Issue presents with both large quantities of queued t...

• If you have several tracks queued up, and try deleting any of them or changing their order while ads are playing, all queued tracks are deleted from the queue.  Adding tracks does not trigger th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes