Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • crawford13x
  • Regular
  • 60 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 60 replies
  • 21 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • rossisdead
  • Roadie
  • 240 replies
  • 20 likes
  • 240 replies
  • 20 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

OTS AV

I have been using OTS AV to DJ for many, many years... Back before laptops I carted a tower drive and huge, heavy screen around to do weddings and events using what was callled OTS JUKEOTS AV would see off a lot of it's competition with its seamless ...

• Visitor
  • I have been using OTS AV to DJ for many, many years... Back before laptops I carted a tower drive and huge, heavy screen around to do weddings and events using what was callled OTS JUKE OTS AV w...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

downloaded songs are gone

today I started spotify and saw that my downloaded songs are gone! The lists are still there but it doesn't show them as downloaded and when I open a track it starts to download. It's a massive problem for me to download them all over again since my ...

• today I started spotify and saw that my downloaded songs are gone! The lists are still there but it doesn't show them as downloaded and when I open a track it starts to download. It's a massive probl...
  • Tatrii
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Has the shuffle function been fixed yet?

I recently put together a huge playlist for me and a few friends to listen/add to as and when - currently sitting at just over 12 hours long - however when using the shuffle function I'm still hearing the same 30 or so songs over and over again. It's...

•   I recently put together a huge playlist for me and a few friends to listen/add to as and when - currently sitting at just over 12 hours long - however when using the shuffle function I'm stil...
  • rednblu
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Change from free to premium: playlists deleted :(

Hello,well, my situation is a little complicated, that's why i couldn't find answer at support page...1. I had a spotify free account, registered only with my facebook account.2. I was invited to a spotify family, so i had to change to premium. For t...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, well, my situation is a little complicated, that's why i couldn't find answer at support page... 1. I had a spotify free account, registered only with my facebook account. 2. I was invited ...
  • hidetoshi
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Not receiving mail notifications from spotify

I have the option on, and i see that artists are releasing music but since 9th of november i'm not receiving any mails

• Music Fan
  • I have the option on, and i see that artists are releasing music but since 9th of november i'm not receiving any mails
  • cloudsmaker
  • Roadie
  • 13 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 13 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify Ends Song Early

While using Spotify on my PC it will end one song early about 1 - 2 minutes before the song is supposed to end and go to the next song queued. It will complete this process over and over. I have disabled the crossfade and reinstalled the application....

• Casual Listener
  • While using Spotify on my PC it will end one song early about 1 - 2 minutes before the song is supposed to end and go to the next song queued. It will complete this process over and over. I have disa...
  • ErikG
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

What is the current windows 7 client? I have 1.0.45 but I read there are more current

Greetings, I am trying to solve an issue where my menus on my windows 7 client are empty (hence I can't get to preferences - see my other post). I see there are more recent versions out there but I can't locate a good link (and I want to be careful)....

• Regular
  • Greetings,   I am trying to solve an issue where my menus on my windows 7 client are empty (hence I can't get to preferences - see my other post).  I see there are more recent versions ou...
  • drosenth
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Drag and drop playlists into folders does not work

I am unable to place playlists into folders. When I drag a playlist to a folder, the "+" box appears to indicate the playlist will be placed into the folder. When I let go of the mouse button, the playlist is inserted above the folder instead of insi...

• Casual Listener
  • I am unable to place playlists into folders. When I drag a playlist to a folder, the "+" box appears to indicate the playlist will be placed into the folder. When I let go of the mouse button, t...
  • Dreadlord
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

No preferences option - Edit menu only shows "delete" - windows 7 client

Greetings, I have been trying to solve this for days and I just can't solve it. My edit menu on my latest windows 7 install only shows "delete" in the edit menu. There are other menus that aren't right either. I have done a tremendous amount of searc...

• Regular
  • Greetings,   I have been trying to solve this for days and I just can't solve it.  My edit menu on my latest windows 7 install only shows "delete" in the edit menu.  There are other ...
  • drosenth
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify website is in Swedish, but I'm in the US

I'm not exactly sure what happened, but when I go to https://www.spotify.com, it redirects me to https://www.spotify.com/se/ That'd be cool and all except for the fact that I'm not in Sweden, nor can I read Swedish. Not sure what to do Any help would...

• Regular
  • I'm not exactly sure what happened, but when I go to https://www.spotify.com, it redirects me to https://www.spotify.com/se/   That'd be cool and all except for the fact that I'm not...
  • toasterface
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Music output is broken

Since the last update Spotify completely ignores my Asus Rog motherboard audio settings... Bass boost, equalizer, whatever... No matter what i've tried it does not react at all when fiddling with the audio settings.... Everything else does, but not S...

• Since the last update Spotify completely ignores my Asus Rog motherboard audio settings... Bass boost, equalizer, whatever... No matter what i've tried it does not react at all when fiddling with the...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Ads in the middle of songs

I was happily listening to Papa Roach scream their way through Last Resort when it was interupted by the tinkely piano of an advert started. This has been happening since the most recent spotify update. Is this an intended new function, in which case...

• I was happily listening to Papa Roach scream their way through Last Resort when it was interupted by the tinkely piano of an advert started. This has been happening since the most recent spotify upda...
  • Jacob
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

"This song is not available..."

Out of the blue, every other song I try to play on my desktop Spotify version now gives me the error "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it." Songs that I played fine last week suddenly aren't playing, in...

• Casual Listener
  • Out of the blue, every other song I try to play on my desktop Spotify version now gives me the error "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."   So...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 28 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 28 replies
  • 1 likes

Certain songs in albums are "not available" when the rest of the album is

Some of my music is "not available" even though its worked previously and other songs in the album will play just fine. Specifically in system of a downs steal this album. I'd really like a way to fix this because all the songs in the album that don'...

• Some of my music is "not available" even though its worked previously and other songs in the album will play just fine. Specifically in system of a downs steal this album. I'd really like a way to fi...
  • chriscarman
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Album art trouble

Hi, I have a trouble with the album art since January 1st. The problem is that the "miniatures" don´t charge or charge too slowly; sometimes they do charge but when I enter into a playlist or album the album art (that was visible before entering into...

• Hi, I have a trouble with the album art since January 1st. The problem is that the "miniatures" don´t charge or charge too slowly; sometimes they do charge but when I enter into a playlist or album t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Error Code 17 | Windows 10

I'm not sure if there is a concrete solution for error code 17, but I've tried everything. I've added exceptions, CCleaned, Switched anti-virus programs, compatibility modes, administrative rights were changed, couldn't uninstall it, it wouldn't so I...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm not sure if there is a concrete solution for error code 17, but I've tried everything. I've added exceptions, CCleaned, Switched anti-virus programs, compatibility modes, administrative righ...
  • Cnicole2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

playlist with whole albums wont play it random

I made a playlist whit complete albums of diferent albums but when i activate the random function doesnt work,what is happening?

• I made a playlist whit complete albums of diferent albums but when i activate the random function doesnt work,what is happening?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

PC, Notebook, Galaxy can´t finde offline device

hallo i have a problem, i create a new premium account, but i can t find offline device. I have three device and allover I have the same problem. I do some restarts, same problem. Can you help me? and sorry for my bad english

• hallo   i have a problem, i create a new premium account, but i can t find offline device.   I have three device and allover I have the same problem.   I do some restarts, same p...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Am I going crazy or is shuffle reactivating itself all the time?!

I *never* use shuffle intentionally, but somehow it just keeps activating for me. I've got a premium account, and use the windows client. For example I can listen to some album, then check out the the "discover weekly" playlist, then start another al...

• Casual Listener
  • I *never* use shuffle intentionally, but somehow it just keeps activating for me. I've got a premium account, and use the windows client. For example I can listen to some album, then check out the th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Desktop client not saving when not quitted properly

Hey Guys, I'm using Spotify daily on my work laptop and it looks like the "current playing state" is saved upon quitting (when quitting the app) but the thing is when you turn off windows with spotify still running, it loses the current state and goe...

• Regular
  • Hey Guys,    I'm using Spotify daily on my work laptop and it looks like the "current playing state" is saved upon quitting (when quitting the app) but the thing is when you turn off wind...
  • Dreadlord
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes