Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify window stuck under taskbar

Spotify window stuck under taskbar

An image = 1000 words, so here:

window under taskbar 1.jpg

This issue is not new, here is another post about it: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web-Player/Spotify-stuck-behind-taskbar/td-p/...

The issue happens you open Spotify for the first time. The desktop window appears under the taskbar.

On reddit a user said:

It happens with some win32 apps that don't remember their position and aren't aware of the top taskbar. They appear underneath the taskbar sometimes, Spotify is one of them.

Please fix this is very annoying! 😭😭😭

5 Replies

Hey, thanks for posting in the Spotify community! One quick way around is is to hold down the windows key and press the up arrow (to maximise the window). Hopefully however, this will be picked up by the Windows development team and resolved.

Cheers!

One quick way around is is to hold down the windows key and press the up arrow (to maximise the window).

This doesn't work when I am using just the tablet portion, since I just have the screen with no keyboard to do any shortcuts. Further more I don't want my window fullscreen, I like it in windowed mode.

Hopefully however, this will be picked up by the Windows development team and resolved.

Indeed, so far they have not acknowledged it, and the issue has been around since late last year at least. 😞

I understand! You can still use the onscreen keyboard as a workaround however...and if you use Windows key and Left, it will move it, but not maximise. Just a thought until the bug is resolved.

Hope that helps 🙂

@Jon_UK wrote:

I understand! You can still use the onscreen keyboard as a workaround however...and if you use Windows key and Left, it will move it, but not maximise. Just a thought until the bug is resolved.

Hope that helps 🙂

My keyboard doesn't have a windows button so that workaround doesn't really work:

Sketch.png

Hey!

You should be able to get a fuller keyboard! Search for "On screen keyboard" in Windows via sthe start button. Also, see below:

Capture.JPG

Hope that helps (for now!)

Suggested posts