Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local Files no longer appearing

Solved!

Local Files no longer appearing

I downloaded a few .MP3 files, remixes, to add to a playlist. At first they showed and played just fine but now only one of them appears under 'Local Files' and the playlist I'd initially put them in. I'm not sure why that is, any ideas on a solution? Thanks guys.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi,

What you could try and do is create a new folder to store your music in, then telling Spotify this, just so it is all new and fresh 🙂

To do this follow my steps bellow:

Create a new folder to store your music

1. Go to Settings
  2. Scroll down to 'Local Files'
  3. Click on 'Add a Source'
  4. Select your new folder
  5. Done!

Now, store your music in your brand new folder 🙂

Let me know this this helps 🙂

-Thomas

View solution in original post

7 Replies

EA161 escribió:

I downloaded a few .MP3 files, remixes, to add to a playlist. At first they showed and played just fine but now only one of them appears under 'Local Files' and the playlist I'd initially put them in. I'm not sure why that is, any ideas on a solution? Thanks guys.

Hi @EA161

This happen sometimes cause the mp3 tags are different from the original and Spotify database cannot match it and/or the "track time" of your file is different from the original. Make sure that both are well.

Waiting for your reply.

Cheers!

Thanks for the reply! 

I'm not sure i fully understand. The files are .MP3 under 'properties'. What should i change?

EA161 escribió:

Thanks for the reply! 

I'm not sure i fully understand. The files are .MP3 under 'properties'. What should i change?

Welcome! Yes, right click > properties > details. If you wanna do it easier I recommend you this free software: MP3 Tag Editor. It's very useful especially with multiple files.

Tell me how it was

EA161 escribió:

Thanks for the reply! 

Welcome! Yes, right click > properties > details.

Marked as solution

Hi,

What you could try and do is create a new folder to store your music in, then telling Spotify this, just so it is all new and fresh 🙂

To do this follow my steps bellow:

Create a new folder to store your music

1. Go to Settings
  2. Scroll down to 'Local Files'
  3. Click on 'Add a Source'
  4. Select your new folder
  5. Done!

Now, store your music in your brand new folder 🙂

Let me know this this helps 🙂

-Thomas

Thanks! It did work. I had them in the default 'Music' folder in 'This PC'. After moving them out the rest of the files seemed to work oddly enough.

Great! Glad I could help you today!

I woul apreciate it if you like my replies if they helped you!

We are always happy to help!

https://open.spotify.com/track/5Em4p6DHTRFjfBp66mGzJh

Suggested posts