Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify app crashing my games

Solved!

Spotify app crashing my games

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

Desktop pc, Intel i7 137000, and a 4070 super gpu

Operating System

windows 11

My Question or Issue

whenever i use spotify, around every 20-30 minutes my spotify will play a repeating 2 seconds on whatever it got glitched on, completely brick my game, and wont stop unless i force stop spotify. and by brick i mean absolutely crash my computer, drops my responsive time on my computer to like 2 seconds, i try moving my mouse and it slowly jitters in the direction im moving it all while repeating the same 2 seconds of the song. iv tried all i could find. updating drivers, updating keyboard firmware, disabling hardware accel, reinstalling spotify, and nothing has fixed it. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

hey! i was able to solve the issue. i was currently using norton antivirus for my computer, and noticed i was having these issues right when i downloaded the antivirus. after uninstalling, my music both no longer stops for a couple seconds like its trying to load and no longer crashes my computer. your suggestion to it coinciding with other updates gave me the idea it was my antivirus.

thanks for the help joan 😄

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hi there @Gabemundale,

Thanks for reaching out. If you haven't tried a full clean reinstall as shown here, please do so. If that doesn't resolve the issue, could you please provide us the following:

• When did this start happening? Did this coincide with an update to the app or Windows?
  • What kind of games are affected by this? Are all of your games affected? Are any other programs showing degraded performance?
  • Does the app behave as expected when using it normally?
  • If possible, whenever the issue occurs, can you try to open Task Manager and grab a screenshot of the CPU and RAM usage and how much of that is coming from Spotify.

With this information, we’d be happy to investigate.

Keep us posted.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!
Marked as solution

hey! i was able to solve the issue. i was currently using norton antivirus for my computer, and noticed i was having these issues right when i downloaded the antivirus. after uninstalling, my music both no longer stops for a couple seconds like its trying to load and no longer crashes my computer. your suggestion to it coinciding with other updates gave me the idea it was my antivirus.

thanks for the help joan 😄

In the last few months every time I startup FS22 Spotify decides that it's time to die. I have to manually relaunch it.
I have done a clean reinstall, My antivirus is not the cause (That was a long road) , and I have even made Spotify priority.

Specs
Processor 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12650H 2.30 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
RTX-3050Ti
Edition Windows 11 Home
Version 23H2
OS build 22631.4169
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22700.1034.0

Suggested posts