Announcements

Spotify application not responding

Spotify application not responding

simonztinra

Edit: Sadly this again proved to be a shitty temporary fix

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/The-Spotify-application-is-not-responding/m-p/52017...

As before, spotify needs to be shut down 6 times in task manager.

Hello, I got the common problem that I can't restart spotify properly. If I close it, it states that the application is not responding. Just like for everyone else with that problem for the last 3 years or so.

Task manager works of course but is a temporary fix, as it happens almost everytime spotify gets restarted.

I tried this longterm solution from the past years which worked for like 3 restarts 😞

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/the-Spotify-application-is-not-responding/m-p/10511...

3 Replies

CarlosE

Hi there @simonztinra,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. You can try clearing your hosts file by following the steps in this article. Even though its title is for a different topic, you'll find the steps to follow after scrolling down a bit.

If the issue persists, could you let us know the make, model and OS version of your device, along with the Spotify version you're running?

Keep us posted.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

simonztinra
Win 10, 1.1.62.583.gdac868ed-a

Julian

Hey @simonztinra,

Thank you for sharing us this information. 

If you've downloaded the app directly from our website, you could also try downloading it from the Microsoft Store or vice versa. 

Also, can you log in with another account, such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persist?

Let us know how it goes. We'll be on the lookout.

JulianModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts

Env: prod