Premium

Country

Russia

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I use Spotify almost a year and it worked great. But 3 days ago when I play any song with "repeat one track " after 1-2 repeats it crashes without any error.
I tried:

• reinstalling it twice (simple reinstall and full reinstall)
  • run it in compatibility mode as an administrator
  • install it from windows store

Nothing works.

It seems pretty strange that in task manager there is several spotify apps (3-6) and then I open system tray all excess spotify apps disappear.

30 Replies

I found what the problem on my laptop was. I hope it is a common problem so that others can fix it. Bitdefender antivirus was for some reason causing it. So I installed a different antivirus and now it works fine.

Hey folks, 

Thanks for your replies.

@Nose_Bleed, we suggest that you try clearing your host files on your PC following these steps. Additionally, we'd recommend checking your firewall and making sure Spotify is set as an exception. Also, please deactivate any antivirus or ad-blocking software, and turn off the VPN if in use.

@Aggu, thanks for sharing what worked for you! We're glad to know that now it's working as expected. Give us a shout if it starts misbehaving again; we're always here to help.

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp
Marked as solution

I couldn't figure out how to clear the host files but I have made sure it bypasses the firewall as well as I have no antivirus as well as no VPN
also, and it seems to have magically fixed itself for now. if it starts bugging out again i will message again but thank you for helping 

Hey there @Nose_Bleed,

Fantastic news! Give us a shout if it starts misbehaving again; we're always here to help.

Have a good one 🙂 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Solved my problem. Thanks!

This solution also works for the issue of the Spotify app crashing on a PC after playing 1-3 songs or even randomly crashing when no song is playing. I experienced this problem on Windows 10 about 3 years ago, and recently encountered the same issue after upgrading to Windows 11. My suspicion is that the app attempts to read files that it shouldn't, possibly due to the presence of various weird file formats in the "local folder" as a result of my personal recordings using software such as Reaper, Audacity and Bias FX.

I’ve got an issue where I log into Spotify on web browser and I like to play my favourite songs on repeat so when I put the repeat 1 option on and listen around 5-10 times sometimes more, I’ll get randomly logged out of Spotify completely. Any help appreciated thank you 

Hi there @Leah69,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

To begin with, we'd suggest clearing the cookies and cache on the browser. Check if that makes a difference. If not, try opening the Web Player from an incognito tab or a different browser. 

If that doesn't help, could you give a different internet connection a go to see if the issue persists? 

Lastly, let us know if this also happens from the desktop app or if it's just the Web Player. 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Susan_GPModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The only way to go around this is to go into another play list and play. But the same thing happens; plays 3 songs and freezes on the 4th. It wants to play but doesn't. I have autoplay on although I can't find the setting in settings. There is only two options there. I don't know if this is a desktop thing but I have never had a problem listening to entire playlists automatically. Please help! its so annoying. I signed out, closed the website and it doesn't work. Thank you

I am having a similar problem, just started today. Playlist just won't play--it will play one song, maybe two, then freeze (pause button is available to press as though the player thinks it's playing but does nothing). I have to skip 1-2 songs before it will start playing again, freeze, repeat. It's driving me crazy!

Exactly! It just started today and I have to do the same.  I have to select a song in a different playlist or at least go down a couple in the same playlist and it'll work for 2 or 3 songs and then stop again.  At least its not me alone! Thank you for responding.

Suggested posts