Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify crashes when adding/removing tracks from playlist

Solved!

Spotify crashes when adding/removing tracks from playlist

So I'm listening to a Radio, a song comes up that I want to add to a playlist, I click on teh album art and select add to playlist select the playlist then BAM music stops, dissapears. I'm rocking a W7 with plenty of memory (8core) NO reason for it to crash.

Also went to play Que to add the song Still crashes

If you can help it would be appreciated cause I'm getting angry.

[Edit - Title for clarity - Mod]

601 Replies

Tried reinstall, but problem persists.

I have the same problem since this morning (Mac OS X 10.8.3 and Spotify 0.9.1.57)

I have just reinstalled it for a second time and now it works.

Edit:

Thought it worked. But apperently it only works as long as you don't switch to another program. If you do so and then switch back to spotify to delete tracks, it crashes again.

Agreed, switching to another application, then switching back after a certain length of time, appears to be a symptom.

The "certain length of time" is several minutes.

I tried the following times and none of them triggered the crash:

- 30 seconds

- 1 min

- 2 mins

Then I got distracted doing some work in another app, spent a few (5?) mins in it, switched back to Spotify, and tried to delete a track. Zap, it crashed.

I also got a crash when *adding* songs to the playlist so I could delete them in my tests...

Same problem here. Reinstalling spotify did not fix the issue.

Edit: ctrl+c on a track also makes the application crash

Suddenly out of the blue spotify is crashing randomly when i am playing a song and then adding it to a playlist.

When i do that the whole programm closes.

Its doing the same to me too. This is really hindering my listening experience with spotify. Please get it fixed ASAP.

does this happen when you drag and drop a song?

i think it's been working when i right click to add a song to a playlist...as opposed to dragging and dropping (and crashing)

nm still crashes lol

nice some mac's up in here too, was planning on testing my linux box but never got around to it

Since I only drag and drop I don't really know. I'm going to try right clicking to add a song and see if that also makes Spotify crash. Either way, I'd like the drag and drop to work.

Same issue for me, running Mac Mountain Lion 10.8.4, happens whether I'm dragging multiple or one track into the playlist.  Not every time, but most of the time.  I guess it's a bug?

Hey guys 🙂 

I am going to escalate this as an issue to the Spotify team. 

Would you be able to provide if you haven't already done so:

- Your Operating System

- Your Spotify Client Version

- The track and how you where adding it to a playlist when the crash happened

Thanks!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Computer information - http://i.imgur.com/X8u5YSC.png

Was on a radio of The Boss - Rick Ross (building a party playlist)

I'm trying to remember what songs they were, it was every song I tried to add yesterday and I haven't added anything since then, just don't feel like trying

everything from 1 day ago crashed spotify http://i.imgur.com/TtsGOqW.png?1

that should answer all your questions.

@user-removed wrote:

Same problem here. Reinstalling spotify did not fix the issue.

Edit: ctrl+c on a track also makes the application crash

Which playlist is this on? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Same Spotify version as the original poster. Was adding Stateless tracks from the artist overview section by right-clicking.

I'll merge this with another thread on this issue. Your operating system and spotify versions would be useful.

@Failsafe wrote:

Its doing the same to me too. This is really hindering my listening experience with spotify. Please get it fixed ASAP.

I was just able to reproduce this without switching to another app first.

The pattern I seem to notice is that the first time I delete a track, it works. The second time, Spotify will crash.

Mac OS 10.8.4

Spotify 0.9.1.57.ge7405149

I am using:

Windows 8 pro 64 Bit

Spotify 0.9.1.57.ge7405149

It crashes random when i right click on a song and then add to playlist.

It doesn't matter what song i add.

And there is another thing. When i am listening for a long time to my playlist with like a 1000 songs in it it suddenly stops playing and litterly takes minutes to load the next song. Even when i click another song in a differen playlist or radio.

Macbook Pro mid 2010 with OS X Lion 10.7.5

Spotify version 0.9.1.57.ge7405149

I have the same problem: Spotify crashes when i have highlighted songs and press delete after having moved the songs to another playlist.

I have Windows 7.

Suggested posts