Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify crashes when adding/removing tracks from playlist

Solved!

Spotify crashes when adding/removing tracks from playlist

So I'm listening to a Radio, a song comes up that I want to add to a playlist, I click on teh album art and select add to playlist select the playlist then BAM music stops, dissapears. I'm rocking a W7 with plenty of memory (8core) NO reason for it to crash.

Also went to play Que to add the song Still crashes

If you can help it would be appreciated cause I'm getting angry.

[Edit - Title for clarity - Mod]

601 Replies

It's been happening for three days. When adding or removing tracks. Now I tried to remove spotify and re-install it, but it can't be installed.. I get error code 17.. So now I gotta research this..

http://www.gothenburgsessions.com
https://www.facebook.com/GothenburgSessions

I am experiencing this same issue on 0.9.1.55.gbdd3b79f running on xUbuntu 13.04

steve@Voyager:~/Videos$ uname -a
Linux Voyager 3.8.0-30-generic #44-Ubuntu SMP Thu Aug 22 20:52:24 UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Is there a proper bug tracking mechanism for these

Ok, so I could install it by using compatibility search, but now it just crashes directly when it starts. I was really hoping to finish a playlist today.. But now I can't even open spotify.

windows 7, service pack 1

http://www.gothenburgsessions.com
https://www.facebook.com/GothenburgSessions

Same problem for me. Doesn't matter what song, doesn't matter from radio or search results. If I search for a song in the search engine and want to add it to my playlists Spotify stops suddenly and I have to restart it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't (and that's really annoying!!!). I have a Premium account since one month... OS: W7 Professional 64 bits. Version Spotify: 0.9.1.57.ge7405149.
I see there are many people with this problem, hope it will be fixed soon!!!

The crashing only happens when you do the actions (anything playlist related) when spotify has gone on standby

Spotify help pls

Hi everybody,

same problem Windows 7, Spotify 0.9.1.57.ge7405149.

Adding a song from artist view to one of my playlist by draging it, spotify crashes.

Restart of spotify, the song can successfuly be dragged and dropped in the playlist.

Jeromem

Same issue. It's getting annoying now. 
Version 0.9.1.57.ge7405149

@sxa wrote:

I am experiencing this same issue on 0.9.1.55.gbdd3b79f running on xUbuntu 13.04

steve@Voyager:~/Videos$ uname -a
Linux Voyager 3.8.0-30-generic #44-Ubuntu SMP Thu Aug 22 20:52:24 UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Is there a proper bug tracking mechanism for these

There isn't exactly, but if you could add your crash logs to this topic that is where the developers will be collecting information from. 

Also, even if there was a bug tracker an linux reports would be likely ignored since its not a supported client anyways! 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have the same issue. The only way I've found to get around it is to play the track and then drag the track from the 'now playing tile in the bottom left corner, for some reason it doesn't crash then. Hope this gets resolved soon.

Same problem with windows xp.  Started a few days ago.  Using latest Spotify version. 

Thanks for the info guys - it's definitely helping us get to the bottom of this. Please let us know if you experience any changes. 

We'll post an update here as soon as we have news. 

Bump!

Still having the same problem as everybody else :c

My Info:

Operating System: Win7

Spotify Client Version: 0.9.1.57.ge7405149

Hope this will be solved soon.

I think I have managed to fix this...

I had the problem where Spotify was crashing whenever I added or deleted from playlists. It was getting extremely annoying and happened out the blue. I tried reinstalling it but that didn't work. 

So I uninstalled Spotify again, went to http://www.filehorse.com/download-spotify/11842/ and downloaded the much older version of Spotify there. I used this old version for a while and it didn't crash at all (yay). But Spotify automatically updates itself (boo). When I closed and re-opened Spotify, I had the new (buggy) version and thought I was screwed again.

But to my delight it hasn't crashed over the last day no matter how many songs I add or delete from playlists, and it used to do it all the time. 

Short version: Uninstall Spotify, install old version, use for a bit, let it update, hopefully new version will now work again. 

I hope some of you have luck with this!

Hi, when I try to add a song into a playlist 33,3 % of the time it just closes itself and I have to start spotify again.  And then the same thing happens again, I've tried to not be playing songs when I'm adding the song into a playlist but the same thing happens over and over, I have no idea why it does this... I do not get any error message when this happens.

There does appear to be an ongoing issue with adding tracks to playlists:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Spotify-Crashes-when-Adding-music-to-Play...

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thnx!

I think it works for me to.

Still didn't crash!

But Spotify is still anoying, takes to long before a song starts playing. 

Didn't work for me. Thanks though

I have the same problem on Win 7 Pro x64.

I tryed with an older version, but no success... I hope you guys will sort it out soon 😉 Keep us updated please 🙂 

Have a nice day and stay strong !!!

Now the songs take a while to start......... Annoying

Same problem here !

Version : 0.9.1.57.ge7405149

Premium : Yes

Suggested posts