Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify crashes when adding/removing tracks from playlist

Solved!

Spotify crashes when adding/removing tracks from playlist

So I'm listening to a Radio, a song comes up that I want to add to a playlist, I click on teh album art and select add to playlist select the playlist then BAM music stops, dissapears. I'm rocking a W7 with plenty of memory (8core) NO reason for it to crash.

Also went to play Que to add the song Still crashes

If you can help it would be appreciated cause I'm getting angry.

[Edit - Title for clarity - Mod]

601 Replies

Like others, I am having the same program on both my Windows 7 laptop and iMac running OSx.6

I tried dragging a song from Radio into one of my playlists and goodbye Spotify.

I'm having the same problem. Running Mac OS 10.8

This just started today for me. It happens whenever I am in the playlist. I press delete or right click on the song and click delete from the menu and it closes. I don't receive an error report.  It's a playlist that I have created on my own from favorites from the radio.  Happens whenever I have been playing music in the playlist but it doesn't matter if I am currently playing a song or have paused the music. Also doesn't matter if the song I want to delete is playing or not.  The program will close, I have to reopen it and then delete the song.  

Mac OS X, version 10.8.4

Spotify Version 0.9.2.18.gcaf36646

I can do that, the problem is that this bug happens after using Spotify for more that xx minutes (xx often > 30 mins). Console does not keep a lot of information. Do you have some logs inside the User\AppData\Roaming\  directory or somewhere else, it would be more efficient.

Problem affects both the Windows and Mac client identically.

Here's what I pulled from the Event log:

Faulting application name: spotify.exe, version: 0.9.1.57, time stamp: 0x51d2cabf
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x7420726f
Faulting process id: 0x1dc0
Faulting application start time: 0x01ceb26d8e6cf747
Faulting application path: C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Roaming\Spotify\spotify.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: adc35eb1-1e64-11e3-8f27-0026832ea2a0

Not sure if MS's error reporting stuff is any use to you but here it is:

Fault bucket 3688868596, type 1
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: spotify.exe
P2: 0.9.1.57
P3: 51d2cabf
P4: StackHash_0a9e
P5: 0.0.0.0
P6: 00000000
P7: c0000005
P8: 7420726f
P9:
P10:

Attached files:
C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE574.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:
C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_spotify.exe_9fe096134856a35cd6427e9836d51b438a14056_2b6dff4b

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: adc35eb1-1e64-11e3-8f27-0026832ea2a0
Report Status: 0

I can run it under WINDBG if that would help.

Spotify version is 0.9.1.57.ge7405149 (same as everyone else).

I am having the same, but on iMac - both the one I use at work and my home one. It doesn't happen every time, but it does it about half the time and when I drag and drop the track or if I use the pop-up menu.

OK, I trawled the other events. Interesting:

Exception code: 0xc0000096
Fault offset: 0x11c5049a

Fault offset: 0x1160c0f8

Fault offset: 0x00000000

Fault offset: 0x72657375

Fault offset: 0x00000000

Fault offset: 0x72657375

Fault offset: 0x7420726f

Given the somewhat random nature of the fault offset, this looks like either an uninitialized variable or a scribbler.

OS X 10.8.4

Spotify Version 0.9.1.57.ge7405149

It crashes every time I try to add a song to a playlist when I've been using Spotify for a while.

After the crash I try to add the song, and it works.

This started like a week ago.

And also for me - Macbook, 10.6.8.

The console crashes and I'm left with no termal data to post. But it seems to happen more when draging and dropping within the first few seconds of the song starting on the radio.

I too am having this issue. I would be listening to the radio and when I try to add a song to a playlist from either the que or now playing track, the program crashes. I attempted to run the program in both regular mode and with administrative privileges and there was no difference. The program simply crashes every time.

System specs

Windows 8 - 64 bit

16 gb memory 

Intel i5 processor

spotify.png

I have been having the same issue since last week. Whenever I delete a song Spotify crashes and I have to restart the program. Randomly the program shuts down and the log-in screen comes up. This is frustrating as it is happening 3 to 10 times an hour. I noticed it friday at work on my Windows computer, and the issue was also affecting my Mac at home.

In addition to the Mac log that I posted, today Windows caught the crash error and brought up the debug console. I've attached a screenshot of the error log.

In this case, I'm running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit. I was attempting to add Vicci Martinez album Vicci to my playlist Check These Out. The Spotify version is 0.9.1.57.ge7405149

20130916_spotify_windows_error.png

Keeps happening to me when I try to delete songs...OF COURSE on the day I decide to clean up my playlists, as my taste in music has changed in the last 2+ years that I've had Spotify! I have Mac OS X 10.8.5 and the newest version of Spotify...

Yep, I'm also having this issue. Glad to know I'm not the only one.

Would be nice if we could get developer confirmation that this bug, likely introduced with the last update (perhaps hasty QA on that one, lol) has been acknowledged and is being addressed, given the large number of users experiences this problem with basic Spotify functionality.

from a Spotify Senior Service Advisor:

We have actually fixed the issue in the newest release of Spotify, which is currently being rolled out to all users.

Please keep an eye out for updates, and when you're prompted to update, please update the application and it should solve the problem.

---

Fingers crossed this is fixed in a timely manner...

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program numerous times on both my mac and pc and the problem remains. I have been having the issue since Friday.

Same problem here, on iMac. It doesn't happen always, but most of the time. Usually after I restart the application, the song can be added without it crashing again. 

Same thing. After a few minutes of listening to music, when I try to add to a playlist it crashes the app. Restarting the app allows me to add briefly.

Running on 10.8.4 OSX

Latest version of the Spotify Client.

Suggested posts